Saturday, August 20, 2022

Another Early Photoshoot

Two mornings later (ie today), I went back to Centennial Park bright and early. I am happy to report that it wasn't a result of cramps this time. I simply awoke early, had a coffee, and was onsite not long after 5 o'clock.

Since I was even a little earlier this time, it was even darker, especially since the sun seems to rise minutes later every day now.

Although it was very dark but I could see a very faint tinge in the sky. I set the camera for a 30 second exposure and was amazed to see how much colour there actually was — colour that my eyes could not yet detect, or not to that extent anyway.

The lights in the distance are on the main bridge,
and you can see the top of the clock tower
poking out of the trees near mid-frame.

I photographed the canoe club again, with a much longer lens. I don't think it's as good as the previous photo, but it is good enough to suit me.

Once again, when I am out, I try to bear in mind that there is a Happy Bench Monday meme on Flickr. If you look carefully, you will see it in the lower left.

I did take two more photos of the Hawthorne factory, but they can keep until tomorrow, especially since I have places to be now.

15 comments:

Margaret said...

Love these peaceful early morning photos!

Marcia said...

Was it something you ate that gave you the cramps several nights ago?
Glad that you got out again without blaming intestinal upset for waking you early.

Vicki Lane said...

I especially love the first shot.

RedPat said...

I like that last shot.

Debby said...

The last picture is my favorite. Have you ever considered doing a calendar? Selling it locally...and to your blogging friends?

Red said...

I would just like to rise and get out at 5:00 AM

DJan said...

I too especially love the first picture and the tinge of light.

Marie Smith said...

Love these early morning expeditions of yours, AC.

Joanne Noragon said...

More great photos for you to manipulate.

Kay said...

I'm always amazed at what you can do with your camera. These are beautiful captures.

MARY G said...

That is an amazing amount of colour for the light values. Good thinking on the long exposure.
I hope you got a nap. I hope the cat post is upcoming.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Look great.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Jeanie said...

Those lights on the water. So nice!

Jenn Jilks said...

Nicely done. I do respect your art.

William Kendall said...

Lovely mood to these shots.