Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Sunflowers Found

We had looked for sunflower fields that we had visited in previous years. Alas! they were not to be found this year. Then I came across a link for another farm on FB, but I had trouble finding a time to get myself there. After looking for it one night and coming up empty, I was able to get the right coordinates into GMaps and from there onto my phone.

It wasn't the best day for sunflower pics, or any kind of pics really, but Sue needed something for her 365 photo group, so off we went.

Whoa Nellie! First there was coffee and turkey bacon club sandwiches in the park. 

Now for the sunflowers, but first, I must confess that I used some filters on the photos to add some life on a flat day.

Sue was almost snapping photos before I got out of the car. Almost. This is my first photo of her with the field in the background.


Next, a picture of the gate and the path and field beyond.


Bees were having a field day, so to speak. Sue tried to get macros and was somewhat successful.


Phones can do better with macros than cameras with only their normal lenses attached, so I didn't try very much. I did get this ↓ close-up, but it's not a macro. It's more about the flower in the field, but I'll have you know that there is a bee.


There was a bee inside this flower, but it wouldn't come out. It would have eventually, but I am not very patient, so just the flower will have to suffice.


One final photo of this ↓ flower that stood way above the others. Perhaps it was hoping to land a spot on the basketball team.


I should try to go back when the light is good and take a bit more care and time, but if I don't manage to do that, I do have this pleasant visit to remember.


22 comments:

Boud said...

We used to have sunflower crops locally. But when I tried to get a picture, no safe place to pull over, local roads having ditches, not shoulders. Finally I managed a low traffic time. And found they'd harvested the lot that morning, sigh.

So it's good to see you did better. You and sue have such a good time with the prompts.

DJan said...

Nice sunflowers. But I really love that outfit Sue is wearing!

Marcia said...

We are traveling at the end of September to Montreal so maybe we'll see some of the sunflower fields on the way. There are none around here. Corn is king!

Vicki Lane said...

Such a lovely sight--fields of sunflowers!

Margaret said...

The sunflower fields are delightful. I too like Sue's outfit. Very chic!

Barbara Rogers said...

Yes yes, sunflowers in a field beg to have their photos taken...as well as Mr. Tall.

DrumMajor said...

Glad you didn't swat the bee away; it was busy! As my Dad would've said: "That one sunflower is taller because some boy watered it." From reading other people's blogs, I'm thinking there are more sunflower fields in other states than in Kansas. Linda in Kansas

RedPat said...

Love the shot of Sue leaning on the gate.

William Kendall said...

Wonderful shots.

Jenn Jilks said...

That's fun grabbing photos of the photographer!
I think you are right. You never know what will happen down the road.

dellgirl said...

Love, Love, Love the sunflowers, and Sue's reactions to them! Your photos are amazing, as always! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for sharing with us.

Wishing you all the best, Have a wonderful week!

Joanne Noragon said...

Love Sue in the pictures. And, the overcast sky is a good contrast to all those sunflowers. You just need a snappy title.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Sun Flower are so cheerful and sunny.
Coffee is on and stay safe

DB Stewart said...

Sunflowers do indeed make the world better.

Marie Smith said...

Our favourite sunflower field isn’t planted this year either. You found some beauties and it looks like you both had fun there.

Patio Postcards said...

What a wonderful find that trail of sunflowers is. It's interesting how the sunflowers turn their heads to follow the sun. Nature is amazing.

MARY G said...

It took me several minutes to figure out that the first photo is not a composite. Just the way Sue's dress and hair photographed makes her look like a cutout to my eye. Am I weird about seeing things?
Nice closeups.

gigi-hawaii said...

You did a good job taking these pictures. I love Sue's clothes. She is always impeccably dressed.

Kipper said...

Can’t think why the sunflowers are turning their back on Sue! They don’t know a good thing when they see it!😂🤣👏

Jeanie said...

You've done better with sunflowers than I have, AC. Supposedly the lavender farm we visited will have a sunflower garden soon (they're tall, just not blooming!). But I've yet to see such a fabulous field of them!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a marvelous display which reminded me of several sunflower farms when we lived in VA. Nice to see a photographer taking photos of another photo enthusiast.

Kay said...

I agree with DJan about Sue's outfits. She is so stylish. Your sunflower photos are fabulous.