Saturday, April 09, 2022

Sue's Candle

I recently piggy-backed on another of Sue's photoshoots. She had a week in which the theme was low key (ie not bright). When I saw some of her setups, one in particular, I was keen to get my own photo.

This one, although creative, is not my fave of the three. But all is relative, and I do like it.

However, I like this one of just the candle better. Aside from the candle itself, there is the subtle pool of light in the foreground.

When I saw her version of this next one, I was really intrigued. This is the one that I felt that I really had to have.

She's very creative that woman o'mine.


16 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Sue is indeed creative. It’s great that you both have an interest in photography

Marcia said...

She took that with her phone? How did she balance the phone without using two hands?

Anvilcloud said...

@Marcia. To be clear, these are my photos, but she took similar ones. That hand isn’t real. But she does have a tripod to use when she needs it.

Debby said...

She is very creative. I like your last picture. Perhaps positioning the flame 'between' the pinched fingers would be striking as well.

Barbara Rogers said...

Cool photos all!

Ed said...

I really like that last photo.

Margaret said...

That last photo is extraordinary and very creative. You are both creative!

MARY G said...

She certainly is. Wow.

William Kendall said...

These are wonderful.

Red said...

Sue is have great fun with her creativity.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice shots!

Joanne Noragon said...

Clever, all of them.

peppylady (Dora) said...

She might consider entering them in photo contest.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Clever takes using a candle as the central image. The last one is clever, but a bit unsettling to me even though the hand is just a prop. The middle one holds the most appeal to me.

Jeanie said...

I don't know how I've missed so many of your posts. I must not be getting the usual notifications!

Kay said...

You two seriously make an awesome photographic team.