Monday, April 04, 2022

Mild

On a day, Saturday, when the temperature soared to 7C/45F, Sue and I took a little walk in the park. We both snapped a few photos, but I trashed all of mine but one. I don't yet know how hers turned out. This ↓ is my one and only. For me, it does capture some of what the day was like, and that makes it pleasant, but that is about it.


The stroll was very agreeable. The breezes were gentle, and the sun helped to warm up the body.

Meanwhile, Danica is under quarantine with you know what. Her symptoms are cold-like along with a sore throat. As I write this, one step sister has it and both parents. So far, both JJ and the other step sister have escaped. I don't know how that escape can happen in one busy household, but it will be great is if JJ  continues to stay healthy.

Based on when they were exposed which we think was at a Justin Bieber concert last Wednesday, it appears that Sue, Shauna and I are safe. We are testing anyway, and so far so good. With the 6th wave upon us, it wasn't best for them to attend the concert, but you have the tickets, and so you take the chance, especially when there have been so many cancelations and disappointments over the past two years.

This is my result. I will repeat the test today, just to be sure, but I am pretty confident.

Hopefully, both the weather and the illnesses will remain mild. Fingers crossed, especially for the latter.

17 comments:

Ed said...

Fully vaccinated, there is a better than 50% shot they never even get Covid and even better odds that it they do they will have mild to no symptoms at all. My wife has never had Covid despite sleeping in the same bed as me when I was Covid positive with the initial strain and the only vaccinated people were healthcare workers.

Part of the reason I don’t understand unvaccinated folks.

Patio Postcards said...

Sending lots of positive energy thoughts for a speedy recovery for those down with COVID. Let's hope both you & Sue stay negative.

Marcia said...

Sorry to read this but all were vaccinated right? So whatever happens the infection should be mild.

Vicki Lane said...

Oh, dear. Stay safe, you all.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sorry also to read about the illnesses in your family, but thankfully symptoms seem mild and you have previously shared that all were vaccinated. And, you are right about cancellations and disappointments having ruined many scheduled events.

DJan said...

Glad to hear everybody is safe and having mild symptoms.

NGS said...

It's so heartening to read stories about the vaccines doing their work and that cases are mild - annoying, but mild!

Margaret said...

I'm happy that it's been mild. I'm so thankful for the vaccines!

Jeanie said...

Sending good wishes that all will recover well and that you all stay negative. I will be watching me for a week or so -- yesterday was my first day out in well over a year, a first day with more than a few people, apart from the market. Yup. Keeping an eye. Hope all stays well with you both.

Boud said...

Good wishes sll around from here, too. The vaccine seems to be doing its work. Of the people I know who've caught it recently, none even needed a doctor, let alone a hospital stay. So let's hope that's your family too.

gigi-hawaii said...

That's a beautiful shot of the river. You have a good eye. As for the sickness, it doesn't sound too bad. I am sure it will pass eventually.

Marie Smith said...

Let’s hope! Take care you two!

William Kendall said...

A colleague came down with a positive test. Thus far I have avoided.

Red said...

It's a frightening diagnosis as covid is so unpredictable.

Joanne Noragon said...

Covid will be with us for a long, long time. So will the legions of medicos working to keep us safe.

Jenn Jilks said...

I am so sorry they have it!
Sadly, we are in the 6th wave.
Such a shame that we aren't testing, or limiting PCR tests. People are quite angry.
It is said that BA.2 isn't reliably testing positive on the rapid RAT, either.

Malindha Erba said...

Have a good day ^^