Wednesday, April 13, 2022

A Photo Conceived

Many a time have I walked past this site and not bothered to take a photo, but I did this time.


It was pretty well a trial photo with the intention of returning at another time if I thought it had potential.

With the tree trunk in the foreground and the canoe club in the distance, I thought it did, indeed, have potential.

My concept was to use my wide angle lens to get more of the old tree in the frame and to take the photo in the early light when the lights in the canoe club might still be on.

They were, and, even better, unlike the above photo, the river was dead calm.

15mm, 2 seconds, 100 ISO, f8, 6:02am

The photo came out close to what I had envisioned, which certainly does not always happen. To some extent it is unfortunate that the wide angle lens also renders the building small, but I knew that would happen, and that is just the way that it goes. I do like how the building is well centered and well framed by trees and branches.

I may return with other lenses to get closer photos, but I am pleased to have pulled this one off to the extent that I did. It is certainly not always what happens.

20 comments:

Marie Smith said...

That is a gorgeous photo! Frame worthy!

Debby said...

What a great shot! I took 939 pictures recently, with the goal of getting a couple good ones. LOL.

Barbara Rogers said...

Beautifully done!

Boud said...

I like the daylight view suggesting a good time to return for a successful image.

Marcia said...

The mirror image in the water makes the last photo fascinating. well done.

Margaret said...

That last photo, WOW! I love it in every way!!

DJan said...

It is a fine shot, all right. Well done!

gigi-hawaii said...

Very well conceived and executed.

MARY G said...

Winner. You have a couple of different crops there too.

PipeTobacco said...

I do like it as well.

PipeTobacco

The Furry Gnome said...

Nicely done!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!

Vicki Lane said...

That second shot is a winner!

Joanne Noragon said...

I agree. Excellent photo.

Red said...

Your timing had to be close on this one too. If the sun was up higher the shadow would have been much different. Nicely done.

peppylady (Dora) said...

The river looks calm.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Rita said...

Always such pretty shots. :)

Jenn Jilks said...

Very nice!

Jeanie said...

That second one, in the evening, is so moody and really lovely. I'd enjoy looking at that view from inside or out!

Kay said...

I really like that night-time effect.