Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Soothing the Ancient Manus Bones

Sue received an unusual gift, from me, for her birthday this year — a hand massager. (→ see over there →) 

Too often she is having difficulty grabbing something, and I hear ouches floating across the room.

So, it seemed like something practical to purchase for her. While It doesn't quite compare to the new iPhone for Christmas, it will hopefully turn out to be a good gift. Time will tell.


It's our second try with a hand massager. The one that I picked out in time for her birthday didn't quite do the most needed area the area — at the base of the thumb. That model was, perhaps, a little too short and didn't target the needy region very well.

A great thing about Amazon is the ease of return and reimbursement. They give you an address label to cut out and affix. You take it to UPS or the Post Office, and you have the refund almost as soon as you can say Jack Robinson*.

As soon as we had the refund, we ordered the one seen pictured in this post. You are able to insert your whole hand, well past the wrist, so all areas can be massaged. This one has various intensities and modes, and Sue found one that targets her sorest area quite well.


To pick up a recent theme of mine, it is yet another cost of aging, but I wonder had I had one of these devices ten years ago to soothe my sore manus bones if I might have been able to keep at the fiddle for a few more years.

Nah!

-----------------------------------

* Multiple citations explain references to Jack Robinson as meaning quickness of thought or deed. The normal usage is, "(something is done) faster than you can say Jack Robinson", or otherwise, "before you can say Jack Robinson". The phrase can be traced back to the eighteenth century.

-----------------------------------

This link will take you to the pertinent Canadian Amazon page. I don't see this model on the American site, but there are many others.


13 comments:

Ed said...

I have never heard or seen such a thing. Do they make a whole body one… or at least from the neck down?

Vicki Lane said...

I like Ed's suggestion for a whole body model.

Barbara Rogers said...

Very cool. My joints not only hurt, they somehow flip out of allignment, on both hands. I wonder if massage would help...

DJan said...

It looks like a wonderful little item!

Marcia said...

I have those hand/thumb issues. Have Sue write a review after she's used it for awhile, please. I've been using Arnicare on my thumbs.

Margaret said...

That's a great item. I had never seen or heard of such a thing either. As we all get more arthritis in our joints, such a massager would come in very handy. (pun)

Marie Smith said...

I will be interested to hear if it does a good job.

Red said...

It sounds all so simple. I hope it works well.

The Furry Gnome said...

I've never even heard of a hand massager!

William Kendall said...

I've seen something similar.

Patio Postcards said...

Oh this hand massager sounds like a very good gift indeed. I will have to check out further because I know someone that could benefit from such a gift & her birthday is coming up quickly! Thanks.

Jenn Jilks said...

There is a good idea! I've arthritis in mine. Some days good... some days bad.

Jeanie said...

That sounds like a great gift. My fingers are starting to show their arthritic side a little more. I'll keep that in mind.