Saturday, April 16, 2022

Leftover Photos

I sometimes put images in my Blogger folder, like the old books from yesterday, and either forget them or don't find a reason to use them for awhile. Sometimes, they just aren't very good. Maybe more often I care to admit  

This ↓ is another version of the canoe club at dawn. It's okay but it was my second photo and not the image that I really had in mind. I didn't post it along with the other photo because I didn’t really want comparisons between the other photo and this one. I wanted each to stand on its own merit or lack thereof, as the case may be.


When I posted grandpa's lunchbox a little while ago, I didn't include this ↓ photo. It seemed so separate from my baby booties than I left it unpublished until now.


Here's an alternate image of the candle that you saw last Saturday. I ran it through a filter but then decided that I liked the unfiltered version best. Not that I hate this version.


I've posted other books and my dad's old bible, but I didn't get around to posting Sue's collection of Mary Oliver poetry books.


Finally, after I posted photos of the old St Patrick's church not long ago, I put two of the photos together into a diptych.


Of course, I have other leftovers in that folder, but these are the most recent ones that I have neglected. As for the older leftovers, I will either get to them, or I won’t. 

12 comments:

Marie Smith said...

There are always photos which don’t make the blog cut in this house. Yours are beauties and deserve their spot, AC. Mine, not so much.

Vicki Lane said...

These are some spectacular leftovers. Especially the first two!

Marcia said...

You know I didn't know Blogger had a folder. Or maybe it's on your desktop labeled Blogger? I store photos in iPhoto and try to label them.

Barbara Rogers said...

I liked all of these. And keep forgetting to let you know I watch an Ontario beauty who also is very smart on Jeopardy each night here...and of course I forgot her name right now. But she's won a bunch of times and that means lots of money for her. I love Mary Oliver, and am in awe of your wife's collection!

MARY G said...

Leftovers sometimes an improvement over the meal, if it's stew... or your afterthoughts.
Love the lunchbox.
Love Sue's candle.
Talent galore.

Boud said...

May I have your permission to screenshot the candle image for future (noncommercial) social media use, fully credited? I'll wait to hear before I do anything.

Rita said...

Now those are some great leftovers! LOL! ;)

Jeanie said...

I should go through my "almost made it" photos -- this makes for a very fun post. I'm particularly fond of your diptych.

William Kendall said...

I do like these.

The Furry Gnome said...

Well I like them all!

Joanne Noragon said...

Excellent, every one.

Margaret said...

They are beautiful each in its unique way. I like that you present such a wide variety of photos, not just scenery or buildings. I love Mary Oliver.