Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Danica Celebrates Her 15th

The baby girl celebrated the end of her 15th trip around the sun yesterday. They came over for dinner, which they brought and an ice cream cake that I had purchased from DQ but not picked up yet. They spelled it Danika on the cake. That's the way it goes. I think I told them with a C but that didn't get heard or sink in.

This was the card that I made for her, first the front because the inside makes more sense if you read that first: Don't Worry ... But Be Happy on Your Birthday.


Of course, I have a few from our little get-together, which I guess you can't really call a party. I mean, how can you say that a 15-year-old being with her grandparents is a party?




After two consecutive COVID birthdays in the cold garage, it was a good thing to be sitting in the inside comfort of our home. Life is getting back to a semblance of normality.

21 comments:

Marcia said...

She has grown up to be a beautiful woman.

Boud said...

She's really a young eoman. Where did the baby go??

Barbara Rogers said...

It's also my granddaughter's birthday yesterday. She turned 20 however.

DJan said...

Happy birthday, Danica! :-)

Wendy said...

Definitely nice to get back to normal - or almost.
Happy Birthday to a lovely young lady!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated very Happy Birthday wishes to a lovely young lady. Danica has really grown up before all of your blog friends and so we celebrate her special day as well. These were some wonderful candid shots of a very lovely granddaughter of whom you are obviously and rightfully very proud.

gigi-hawaii said...

Happy Birthday, Danica! She is so pretty.

Tabor said...

It is nice to be able to smile and touch each other. She is a lovely child and deserves all that fun.

Margaret said...

It's a definite party! Happy Birthday to Danica! I also have to concentrate on the spelling of her name since I tend to spell it with a K. My name is commonly misspelled so I'm sensitive about not doing that to others.

PipeTobacco said...

AC:

While all the photos are VERY nice..... to me that FIRST IMAGE..... so, very, very EXTRA SPECIAL for its artistry and creativity!!!!!!! That image looks ready for a magazine spread.

PipeTobacco

Kay said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful granddaughter. How wonderful to have this wonderful celebration together.

Marie Smith said...

Where has time gone. Happy birthday, Danica!

DB Stewart said...

My granddaughter just turned 1; I hope I get so lucky someday to celebrate her 15th with her. Also, DQ rocks.

William Kendall said...

Happy birthday to Danica!

Rita said...

Happy, happy birthday to a beautiful young lady! :)

Joanne Noragon said...

It was your party for her. There will be more parties from other parties.

Jenn Jilks said...

That was, indeed, a party! She looks wonderful. Happy birthday to the young lady!

Red said...

Happy birthday to Danica. I'm sure she would enjoy the celebration after missing 2 years.

Jeanie said...

She is simply lovely. Belated birthday wishes!

MARY G said...

Icing should be ed(it)able. And she is beautiful, c or k notwithstanding.

Christina said...

She is a beautiful young women! They do grow up too quickly I sometimes think, children I mean. But then you see them turn into wonderful young adults and it doesn't matter so much. Happy Birthday Danica.