Friday, April 15, 2022

My Loose Head

"John, you'd forget your head if it wasn't screwed on!"

My mother spoke those words to me on more than one occasion, for I was always always an absent-minded boy. The fact that I always was this way leads me not to worry overmuch about my forgetfulness now that I am in my golden years. When it comes to posts and photos, I have all of FB, Blogger and Flickr, and I sometimes lose track of what I have done where. My brain is a busy place with lots of traffic after all.

So, it was that I was caught by surprise to see today’s photos in my Blogger folder. I scrolled back through old posts twice to make sure that I hadn't posted them already. I came up empty both times. Of course, it is possible that I could have skimmed past them, for I am prone to do that too. It's like taking a list to the grocery store but skimming past some items and coming home without them. At least I am told that this happens to some people.

Here they are – old books. I like both versions but have printed the monochrome one, and I like it framed and on the wall. But yeah, the coloured one probably looks better when both versions are seen together. That's why I often doesn't post both versions on Flickr, at least not concurrently, because each needs to be seen and appreciated on its own. They are different images after all. But here on Blogger, I often do post both versions since they are part of the story and not so much just images to stand on their separate photographic merits as on Flickr.



If you have seen them before, I will thank you to kindly move along without drawing it to my attention. It would be a kindness.


18 comments:

Jeanie said...

Well, I haven't seen either of them, for what it's worth! So thanks for posting them -- I love them both (though I lean a bit more to the color!) Happy weekend!

Debby said...

Black and white usually calls my eye to the details of a photograph without the distraction of color. Funny how, this time, it is the color photograph that makes the details 'pop'.

Barbara Rogers said...

Wonderful arrangement, well photographed! My choice of fav is full color, because that's a red tulip. It mimics the rusty colors of the books...which just doesn't happen in B&W.

Vicki Lane said...

They are both beautiful, but the red tulip makes my heart sing.

gigi-hawaii said...

I gotta laugh at you. Haha!!! Are you that forgetful? David sometimes is careless with skipping things on the grocery list. I guess that happens. LIFE happens.

A Cuban In London said...

I haven't seen either and I love them both. :-)

Greetings from London.

Margaret said...

I like them both but prefer the colored one by a whisker. I remember photos of Bibles but not these books.

Red said...

I know the feeling when it comes to forgetfulness.

Marcia said...

Were those on your bookshelf?

Marie Smith said...

Love the colour one especially!

William Kendall said...

I like both versions.

MARY G said...

Not sur why, but the colour one speaks to me more. Perhaps,it is because the monochrome vibe is gloomy, old forgotten books? I have struggled,to remember proper names all my life, but the name aphasia gets more severe with each year that goes by. Luckily, like you, I have a cheerful note about it ... my father was just the same and he lived to be 85, cognitive ability otherwise intact.

Anvilcloud said...

@Marcia: Some on my shelf, some on Sue's.

The Furry Gnome said...

No, I haven't seen them before, and I like the colour version best.

Joanne Noragon said...

Actually, I prefer the colorized version. Nice arrangement.

DrumMajor said...

Nope, haven't seen those photos. LOVE the color one with the rose. It's like the rose is speaking to something told in the books. And I want to look at the book held by the ribbon; why does it need the ribbon? Linda in Kansas

Anvilcloud said...

@Drum: Ah well, it's a big book and like many oldies, needs a little help to keep things together in its dotage. 😀

DJan said...

I too like the color version the best.