Friday, January 01, 2021

Cold Moon Rising

When Danica was here on the 29th, we went out for a quick photoshoot just before supper. While I will likely post more about both of the kids and their sleepovers, I thought that today, I would post the Cold Moon Rising.

I didn't know that a full moon was upon us but happened to spot it through the trees when we stopped to take some other photos along the trail near the river. This caused me to find the path that leads to the river.

The moon was just beginning to rise over the far bank and looked pretty darn small in the camera. I decided to throw the camera way out of focus which made it seem big and close, and I like the result.

Knowing that every full moon has been given a name, I did a quick online search which revealed that this is referred to as The Cold Moon. Mind you, I don't think that the moon, or the man in it, really knows what its name is.

Danica followed me to the spot and also took a picture.


She then went onto the edge of the ice but not very far as it was thin and breaking. In this photo, she was photographing patterns in the ice.


Then it was home for supper followed by another walk to see and photograph the downtown holiday lights. But that can wait for another day.



16 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Your your woman has an eye for a great shot. Happy New Year, AC.

Tabor said...

How wonderful that your granddaughter shares your love of photograhy. I will post my moon photos, which are very odd!

Jenn Jilks said...

I don't know why I didn't get a moon photo. I'm finding motivation difficult, though!

Barbara Rogers said...

Happy New Year for 2021 for you and your family! That is fun to get an out-of-focus big moon. I like the one with the river and trees too.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Great shots - especially having spent time with your granddaughter. You are fortunate that your family lives close.

Debby said...

That photo looks like an abstract painting! Very cool! Happy new year to you and yours.

Mara said...

Hopefully more family and friends time will be in the near future. Happy new year to you and Sue.

Margaret said...

That moon is amazing in every shot. How fun that Danika likes photography also!

gigi-hawaii said...

That's a very nice shot of the moon. Happy new year. Aloha from Hawaii.

Red said...

So sometimes we look for something and something else pops up. Good eye.

Rita said...

That shot with her on the ice put my heart in my throat--LOL!
Beautiful moon! :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This was a nice treatment of that moon shot and looked better than a straight shot might have and how nice to have a photo companion on your excursion.

Joanne Noragon said...

Like your pictures and your granddaughter.

Doris Potter said...

The second shot is really nice!

DJan said...

Nice! I do like how you made that first photo look like a painting. :-)

Mage said...

How delightful that Danica got to spend time with you and the cold moon. :)