Wednesday, January 20, 2021

More Trail Photos

Toay, we have a few more photos from our cold winter tromp on Monday sans animals this time.

A dessicated hydrangea (I think) on a bordering property.


A bit of ice at the riverbank.


Winter cotton ;)


Along the path.


My fave of the day: great light up yonder. If you can catch the light, which can be very elusive, there's a very good chance that the photo will turn out pretty well, even if one is not in a classic place like Yosemite or Mesa Arch.


With my body in  a bit of a state of rebellion, I think I will remain indoors for another day. But last night did go a little better than the previous few nights, thanks goodness.



16 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Capturing just the right light can be a challenge for sure, but you have managed to do it just right, John.

Patio Postcards said...

I did chuckle at winter cotton. I tried yesterday to get out for some winter breathe of fresh air - that wind was far too bitter & gusting for me. Maybe later today to distract from the news. I like the light in the last photo.

DJan said...

I love that last picture. Hope you're feeling better soon. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

I really like that last scene. It's fun to see what you come up with through your lens. Thanks for your comment on my blog...yes Montreat is just one letter diff. than Montreal, isn't it? I'm reading another Louise Penny novel, and there are some Montreal places named in it.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Looks like a fabulous winter walk, invigorating and good for mind and body.

Blondi Blathers said...

Snow "cotton." Perfect description! -Kate

Margaret said...

Light is magical through trees.

gigi-hawaii said...

Nice photos!

Mage said...

Yes, you caught the light perfectly. Sorry your body is in rebellion. Your camera eyes are not.

Marie Smith said...

Love those woods’ scenes, AC.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!

Red said...

I like the pale winter shadows. It looks cold.

Joanne Noragon said...

Nice pix, John.

Rita said...

I agree with your favorite but I liked them all. :)

Kay said...

You do have to heed what your body tells you. These are gorgeous winter shots.

Karen said...

I love the bottom photo.