Saturday, January 23, 2021

Autocorrect

I know that you have to wonder about some autocorrects and whether they are genuine, but I had one last night and even two. I am a terrible keyboarder, especially when I am tired and on a squidgy, little phone.


Freud Shirt was supposed to be friendship. When I was typing it, I knew that I had gone wrong, but I kept typing, hoping that autocorrect would correct it ... uh ... correctly. Fortunately, it didn't, for this is more fun.

In trying to assure Shauna that I knew what I had typed but had decided to leave it, I  then typed yon right in the second bubble. Or maybe I didn't, and that was also an autocorrect. I sure didn't realize that one until after I hit Send.

Have a good Saturday and weekend.


15 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I often turn off the autocorrect but that creates another issue.

Barbara Rogers said...

I sometimes like the way the phone has it's own messages to send...perhaps it's a Hack of some kind! You may have posted something else this morning...but the link wouldn't work. Fortunately I was able to sneak around and just click on yoour blog page.

Marcia said...

Auto correct is a pain sometimes!

Ed said...

I have made numerous "autocorrect" mistakes over the years but none as funny as the many memes that can be found on the subject. Perhaps I am fortunate that my mistakes have not made a meme.

Debby said...

Marie Smith! If there is a way to turn off autocorrect, I want to know what it is. I will pay money!!!!

Margaret said...

I would love to know how the Autocorrect thinks. Friendship is such a common word but it corrected to Freud shirt? Our phones aren't as smart as they say they are. :)

gigi-hawaii said...

Terrible.

Red said...

I am also a very poor keyboarder but a worse editor at finding those mistakes.

Mage said...

Freud what? LOL That's great stuff.

William Kendall said...

Auto correct can be a nuisance.

Joanne Noragon said...

Auto correct takes far too many liberties.

Kay said...

Auto correct sometimes really drive me crazy. I usually don't realize it until later.

Lisa said...

I’m terrible at typos. I often catch them as soon as I hit “send”.
Luckily most people read around typos as a normal thing.
Lisa

Rita said...

I usually use the voice method and it hears the craziest stuff. They are pretty funny! :)

Jenn Jilks said...

I like texting with the grandies! We have them next week. We'll see how that goes.