Sunday, January 31, 2021

Red Legs

A week or so ago, when I posted about my new cell phone, I mentioned a fondness for red and proclaimed that crimson socks had been ordered.

In due course these merino wool beauties arrived from the The Great Canadian Sox Company.
 .

They are not only red, which is appreciated, but functional, which is necessary -- for they are of sufficient length. They come up almost to my knees and in so doing cover the cold spots the reside just below the sock top that you see above. Before ordering, I contacted the company to make sure of the length. Not only does the length suit, but they stay up and keep those dratted cold spots covered.

Self diagnosis: the cold patches are a result of spinal deterioration.

I wrapped up in my reddish blanket, just for y'all, but you just can't beat the sock red IMHO.


The socks are so dazzlingly brilliant that I am not sure if I will be able to overcome their glow for my afternoon siestas.

But I will give it my best shot.


Speaking of naps, I slept for something approximating 8 hours last night. This occurs once or twice a year at most but was well-deserved after several short nights this past week when I awoke at 3:30 after something closer to only 4 hours of fitful, sweaty repose.


16 comments:

gigi-hawaii said...

You have beautiful legs, haha. My favorite color is yellow. It always cheers me up.

Marie Smith said...

The socks are amazing! And red! Love them!

MARY G said...

Serious sock envy here.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great legs!! Great socks too. Glad you had a good night's seep. I have such joy when I lie down in a warm bed and let go of everything of the day. Of course then I wake a few hours later to relieve badder pressure. But that first warm relaxation is something I really look forward to. And now your tootsies will all be warm too

Vicki Lane said...

Great socks! (Mine are knee high and striped--my witch socks.

Margaret said...

Quite the gams! You look comfy in your red socks and blanket. I am fortunate to get mostly 8 hours every night. Depends on how late I read.

Mage said...

And what ever are you wearing over the socks. Yes, too, that's a really nice quilt you are napping on.

Thanks Sue for the pictures of his cold spots.

DJan said...

Fire engine red socks, sounds perfect! Love the gams and the idea of good sleep. :-)

Red said...

Can you remember when we were kids and slept like a log. Eight hours every night. When did we start waking up?

Joanne Noragon said...

Of course they are warm. They are not only wool, they are the finest wool to be bought. You could buy the same sock in orange or green, just as warm and wouldn't clash with your red blanket.

Rita said...

Love the red socks! And the blanket, too.
Glad you got in some extra hours of sleep. :)

Patio Postcards said...

Those socks are brilliant. I'm surprised that Lacey hasn't claimed the blanket or at least shared with you.

Jean Winnipeg said...

I can't remember which Pope it was that liked red shoes.

Jenn Jilks said...

Insomnia is a horrid thing, isn't it?!
You look fabulous!

William Kendall said...

It sounds like it's helping.

Debby said...

This post made me laugh. You are certainly red-y for a nap!