Monday, January 18, 2021

Snowy Bullrushes

A brief post for today. Just three photos of snow on bullrushes. They were taken from a fair distance, handheld with a telephoto lens, so the quality isn't topnotch. But it is something.

My least fave, but it does look like an insect to me.

My fave because I like the hints of the other reeds, but I might consider brightening the yellow a bit.
I liked it less saturated like this on the big screen but less here.

I like it more than the first but less than the second.





9 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Interesting photos. When I first opened this post, I thought it was a bird. It seems you are having such fun challenging yourself. We had some pretty snow fall yesterday, & as no one is going out anywhere, it may remain "clean" longer, so I may just challenge myself on snow photos.

DJan said...

I like your fave the best, too. :-)

Shammickite said...

You got a lot more snow than we did here, we had just a light sprinkle, you got a proper dose of it. Nice photos. Unusual.

Margaret said...

I agree with your assessment. I think it benefits from the background of the other reeds.

Mage said...

I like the middle one with only one reed.

Marie Smith said...

I like the first but they are all great!

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

I thought you'd caught some strange little animal on a spike or something ... I should have read your write-up BEFORE looking at the pictures.

Joanne Noragon said...

Number two has my vote. It gives the viewer the most clues. Three is second best. Unless, of course, that is where you hid the treasure map.

William Kendall said...

Wonderful close ups!