Friday, November 13, 2020

The Bloom is on the Roses

When I saw that the Rotary Club was fundraising by offering a dozen roses for just $25, it seemed too good of a deal to pass up. I ordered a dozen for Sue and then thought to order another dozen for Shauna. Sue's were to be pink and white, and Shauna's yellow.

They both came red, but that is fine.


Would this batch open properly? The last rose bouquet that Sue received didn't. They just flopped over.

These opened, and when the late afternoon sun highlighted them by streaming its rays through the patio doors, I got the camera out.


Macro photography isn't my forte, but I took a few photos that I am happy with after some cropping and processing.



14 comments:

MARY G said...

Spectacular rose shots. You are good!!!

Barbara Rogers said...

Beautiful closeups, especially with the dark background...very dramatic!

Debby said...

I feel as if we ALL got roses today. Beautiful!

Ed said...

I've never had anything bad come from ordering flowers for my wife. I try to do so at random odd times to keep her guessing.

DJan said...

How beautiful, although it really sucks that they just flopped over. Grrr!

troutbirder said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Marie Smith said...

They look gorgeous!

Margaret said...

What a thoughtful idea! I've had that issue with roses too(they've been in the cooler too long?) I love the close up of the petals with the light on them. Such a rich red!

gigi-hawaii said...

Beautiful roses! Love the red. Sometimes, the buds open and sometimes they don't.

Mage said...

I love rose photography. Yours especially.

William Kendall said...

Wonderful shots!

Joanne Noragon said...

I can almost smell them.

Rita said...

I'm glad they opened--even if they weren't the correct colors. The last ones I got did that, too--flopped over just barely opening. Beautiful pics!

Vicki Lane said...

That last one is particularly nice.