Monday, November 02, 2020

First Gift

I couldn't recall making an online order, so I didn't know why the UPS would come ringing.

It was our first gift of Christmas, or I will take it to be that. What a shock!

As you can see it was from PC, which is our grocery store -- not our store specifically but the chain under which it operates. PC is short for President's Choice, which is how they brand their own line of products.

Back at the beginning of the pandemic, they offered a free six-month membership to their Insiders program. Because the membership included free shopping (by them) and car delivery (to us in the parking lot), we opted in. We used this service a lot for about three months.

What I didn't expect at any time was a gift box. It contained a chocolate milk mix, a chocolate bar, a candle, and a jar of maple butter.



What a pleasant surprise. It is the kind of gesture that helps to inspire customer loyalty.


20 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Good way to keep customers...and what fun to have received all those goodies! Enjoy them!

Vicki Lane said...

How nice!

Marcia said...

Gift surprises are always nice.

DJan said...

What a sweet surprise! :-)

Ed said...

My wife and I would like to sign up for a couple of these sorts of things, namely meals shipped in a box, but with children in the house, they would either pick it clean before we had a chance or dislike the look/name/thought of the product and thus require us to fix them something else and thus negate the convenience factor. So I'm biding my time and waiting for them to fly the coop and perhaps allow these companies to work out all the kinks before I get to join.

Marie Smith said...

I imagine the president can afford it. He decreased the workers’ pandemic salary a few months ago. Shameful!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I should be checking my mailbox!

Marty said...

I love that company! Another excellent reason to move to Canada. The second is of course the possible exodus that will be fleeing from the orange moron should he win.

gigi-hawaii said...

That is just wonderful! I am so impressed. I wish I could have such service and gifts here in Hawaii.

Christina said...

What a nice surprise! I am intrigued by the maple butter, never heard of it but now really want to try some. A buttery maple syrup, spreadable? My idea of heaven!

PipeTobacco said...

The maple butter looks especially tasty to me!🙂

PipeTobacco

Kay said...

Oooooooooohhhh... That is just so awesome!

Jenn Jilks said...

How sweet!

Margaret said...

I love positive surprises and that was a thoughtful gift that they didn't have to send. I'd never heard of Ruby chocolate until my Great Baking show obsession. Now I'm curious about what it tastes like.

Rita said...

Wow! That is really a nice surprise!! :)

Red said...

I guess I missed out on that deal. I have continued to do my own shopping.

Joanne Noragon said...

Lovely reward.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It’s always nice to get unexpected gifts, and especially treats to enjoy.

William Kendall said...

That is a surprise.

Mage said...

Yes it is.