Tuesday, November 03, 2020

On the Weekend

How did you deal with the time change? I dreaded it because my sleeps are short enough and my nights long enough as it is. So, having an extra nighttime hour is not a treat for me because my actual sleep duration wouldn't be affected. I determined to stay up until 12 instead of 11 (both old, daylight time), and it more or less worked since I would still be getting up at 5 (new, standard time). Sometimes I do sleep later, but I basically hope for 6 hours and exult if I happen to get more.

I thought Sue would embrace the change as she requires a lot of sleep and heads to bed ~9. But she refused to go to bed at what would essentially become 8 o'clock (new time), so she stayed up until almost 10 (old time) which would be 9 (new time). Have you got all of those new times and old times straight? lol

Changing the subject: earlier on Saturday, we met Shauna and the kids for a short stroll in the park. It had been two weeks since the previous outing, and I was missing them. It's getting colder so even this outlet will soon be denied. Perhaps we will begin to do what they do in restaurants, visit indoors and wear masks until seated at a distance. It should work; Shauna's workplace remains clear, and there has only been one case at Danica's school -- a non-contact case, whatever that means.

I hadn't yet seen Danica's new hairdo in person. She is now slightly taller than Sue although it doesn't show in this photo.




If JJ has an opportunity to climb he will take it, but he didn't go any higher on this day.


JJ and Danica tossed leaves at each other, but Danica bailed out quickly. It was probably a hair thing.



14 comments:

Ed said...

Time changes don't bother me much but then I'm am\was a veteran of long distance flying with 12 hour time changes involved. However, I do get annoyed at setting all the clocks in my house twice a year and wish they would just pick a time and keep it there.

Barbara Rogers said...

I'm also getting used to EST again...which I do prefer because my body says "wake up" and there's no sunshine, so I try to sleep some more...without any result. It just means mental gymnastics until the sun actually starts lightening the sky, and up I get to start the cofffee. Soon maybe I can get up before that old sol.

Jenn Jilks said...

It's so good to see them!
I'm waking up at 5. I really don't care. If I go to sleep, fine. It's the waking up that is the problem. Hooray for my oils!

Debby said...

I have key wound clocks. Setting them back requires stopping them all and restarting them on an hour. It is a pita.

Marcia said...

Why can't we just keep the time the same! Slowly adjusting here.

Margaret said...

I whine about the time changes twice a year; I find them irritating and unnecessary. Every time I forget one clock, usually the thermostat or in my car. Then the house gets cold at a different time and I give myself a heart attack when I'm driving somewhere. Ugh. I'm glad you got together with the family. Keeping your distance inside with masks is going to be the best we can do these days.

gigi-hawaii said...

Great time with the grandkids in the park. Nice hair do.

William Kendall said...

I wish we'd get rid of daylight saving time once and for all.

Marie Smith said...

We go through the old and new time thing for the first day. After that it doesn’t matter any more strangely. Guess we adapt. Maybe there’ll come a time when the time doesn’t change any more. Hope I live to see it.

Red said...

Good times and lots of worry.

Joanne Noragon said...

I'm still waking up half an hour earlier.

Rita said...

The time changes always bother me now. Didn't when I was younger, but I was too busy to notice, I think--LOL!
Glad you got some family time! :)

DJan said...

I am gradually getting used to the time change, but it takes me awhile. I sure like your last picture. Nice catch! :-)

Mage said...

I love it tho.