Thursday, March 19, 2020

The Thing Around My Ears

I must update y'all on the credit card situation, which in case you don't recall, was having a charge go through on a store that we hadn't been to recently.

The worry was that someone had hacked us.

The reality is that the store eventually figured out what happened.

Back in early January, their bank had a horrible mixup that they have been trying to sort out. Yes, we had been in the store that day and had made a purchase for that amount.

Phew!

I am not sure who did the keying, but I think it may have been the bank that had the original problem, so I can't really blame the store.

=========================

Meanwhile, what the heck is AC doing with that thing on his ears?


How silly I look!

That is the bluetooth device that connects my hearing aids to the tv. Even is the sound is no louder with the device than coming through the air, it is clearer, and I can follow the dialog better.

Sometimes in a semi reclined position, I tend to lose contact with the tv a bit or at least I may begin to pick up static.

But if I hook it over my ears, it changes the position of the receiver enough to usually eliminate the static.

=========================

When our helper asked us the other day if she could pick up something at Costco, we didn't need much, but I suggested a box of my favourite cereal.


The new Costco box is on the left: the ordinary grocery store box on the right. The Costco box has 2.3x the usual volume. While I might have expected a size difference, I still found myself surprised by the Costco size. There are just two of us here, so we don't shop tend to require Costco volume, so it was surprising although it shouldn't have been.

It should last me awhile.

I tend to alternate breakfasts with oatmeal one day and granola the next with an occasional just toast day. I sometimes have toast after cereal as a kind of a second breakfast somewhat later.

What's your standard breakfast?

========================

Our isolation photo from March 18. Since it was Winter Break, we out onto the deck to mimic vacationers. But it was hovering around the freezing point, and it was windy too boot, so we didn't linger too long.


==========================

Finally, Happy Spring Equinox. The sun will reach the equator at 11:49 tonight.

15 comments:

Marcia said...

Breakfast - just toast, rain bread preferred or oatmeal or granola, or an egg.

Marcia said...

oops that should be raisin not rain bread.

DJan said...

I like muesli for breakfast, or a couple of eggs with a bit of cheese.That is a big box! :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

It's been year since I ate boxed cereals! Enjoy it for a while! I'm toast, or egg and toast, or oatmeal, or yogurt and a fruit with nuts - mostly. Glad you've got a sound clarification device...great idea. Today's toast had honey and butter. Plus 2 cups of coffee with milk!

Jenn Jilks said...

We've been having pie for breakfast!

Hubby has cordless headphones for his TV listening. He can't hear me talk, though. sigh.

I'm so angry with the people still south. It really is shameful. Or the people that went on a cruise. Everyone here is being so careful.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad to read that the credit card issue was resolved and just a mix-up on the store's part and not an unauthorized use. I have been enjoying your posts on social distancing, John, especially yesterday's graphics. All is well in NH and we too are in self-isolation mode but never bored (so far).

Christina said...

I like toasted multi-seed flatbread with peanut butter (always crunchy) and banana for my breakfast.

Mara said...

Something similar to yours and I wish they had such big boxes over here! Which reminds me, I had better get another box or two tomorrow, this one is nearly empty.

My dad forgets to put his ears in half the time and at the moment I think they hardly get worn at all, as he barely goes out.

Marie Smith said...

I’m glad to have the sun back. Walks are in our future if the wind gives us a break.

Joanne Noragon said...

Love the red hat.

Rita said...

Glad they got that bill sorted out!
Now that I'm on keto if I do have breakfast (not a breakfast person really) I have eggs and maybe some bacon. But usually it is just coffee for me.
Love the photo!

Red said...

You might as well have some fun while we're in detention!

gigi-hawaii said...

I don't have a set diet for breakfast, I just eat whatever I feel like eating at the time. Today I had left over vegetarian frittata for breakfast.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

My favourite cereal is Vector and most days a bowl of that product is breakfast. A couple of times a year Miriam makes blueberry pancakes and recently i scrambled two eggs and stuffed them in a pita with a little hot sauce.

PipeTobacco said...

For me it is and has been soggy bran cereal with blueberries. And, also a Greek yogurt (vanilla or honey). 10 roasted almonds. And, a banana. Probably for the last 15 years this has been my Monday through Saturday breakfast. On Sunday I have oatmeal instead of bran. :)