Monday, March 09, 2020

Almost There or Maybe Not

Seen on social media, this ad was targetted to me, obviously. I don't think it was because they knew that my lighting is crappy, which it probably is, but just because they know that I do photography.


I could do this kind of photography. I really could.

I just lack a few things.

Equipment: I lack a huge softbox which what the guy is holding up.

Photography Assistant: I don't have one, at least not one who could hold that softbox that I don't have.

Fashion Model: Nothing against my women, but as pretty and sweet as the are, they are not trained models.

Fashion Wardrobe: Once again, my women may have nice duds, but really now.

Contract that would pay me for all of the above

And perhaps I don't have a Perfect Location although I think I might be able to manage that.

So yeah. I'm just about there: on the cusp of fashion photography greatness.

Sure thing.

Really now: how many people would benefit from such a tutorial? If you were a casual amatuer like me, would you even contemplate doing this? Or if you were already a pro with the necessary equipment, would you even need the lesson?


9 comments:

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

As you know AC my late husband was a LIFE photographer back in the 50's. He told me that lighting was always a challenge … of course he was not talking about a fashion shot like the one you showed.

Marie Smith said...

Lighting is a huge challenge. Sunlight is not a photographer’s friend.

DJan said...

As an amateir photographer, I notice that sunlight is the worst for good pictures. High overcast works great. Are you wanting to become a fashion photographer? :-)

Tabor said...

i am only interested in the tutorials for software I use. I have not interest in taking it to the next level. I find this a hobby for my personal passion even though I have sold a few for minimal money.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Good questions there at the end!

Rita said...

That's a hysterically funny response! ;)

Joanne Noragon said...

I have a tiny light box. I don't have anything small enough to use it with.

MARY G said...

No and no. I once took a whole course on how to use available light to the best advantage. And you already do.
Sheesh.

William Kendall said...

I wouldn't go for that.