Saturday, March 21, 2020

COVID-19 News Snippets

I am in the mood to post a bunch of COVID-19 tweets that I won't even begin to attempt to attribute. I find TW to be a good source for quick news. The first one is a first-hand account of how contagious the virus is.

=================

Just so people know how contagious this is, here are some numbers for me personally, contrary to what I believed, I got it from someone last week Friday night, and got symptoms on Tuesday (that’s when I locked myself down), and so far I gave it to my wife, kid, brother in law, and my plumber (who I met for exactly 5 minutes) and so far my sister and plumbers wife got it from them already. It’s insane.

=================

JUST IN: New York City reports 2,964 new cases of coronavirus and 31 new deaths.

A total of 8,115 cases and 60 deaths.

=================

People and businesses found breaking the new social distancing rules will be fined, Ontario [my province] Provincial Police said Friday.

Individuals could be fined up to $1,000 while corporations could face fines of up to $500,000, OPP [Ontario Provincial Police] said in a news release.

=================

• 59 new cases, total 377
• OPP to issue fines for gatherings of 50+ people
• Trudeau: working w/ airlines to help stranded Canadians
• world hockey championships cancelled
• EB Games closes
• Starbucks: drive-thru only
• US-Canada border closes

=================

Social distancing measures in Canada could be in place for months, Canada's health minister said today. Patty Hajdu warned that not following the measures in place now could lead to more strict measures later to confine people to their homes.

================

The US just passed #Spain to become #3 in total #Covid19 cases & is #2 in active cases. We will overtake #China & possibly #Italy by next weekend in total cases. We will, hopefully, remain in much better company w/r/t to CFR/deaths. Testing is our hope & it is growing quickly.

================

Trump: Nobody ever imagined this.

FACT:  “The Obama-Biden Administration set up the White House National Security Council Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense to prepare for future pandemics like #COVID19. Donald Trump eliminated it—now USA paying the price.”

=================

Sorry, Anvilcloud breaking in. I can't resist. But my question which arises from this is very serious. Is America broken? I can't imagine Trump lasting for 4 years in any other first world country.


6 comments:

dellgirl said...

Thanks for the updates, AC. I have not kept up with the statics (etc) today so this is good to know. Cockwomble, huh? Well, it described him perfectly.

Wishing you a wonderful Sunday, Enjoy yourselves!

Should Fish More said...

I was tested yesterday, will know by end of week. Currently have a low grade fever, no other symptoms. But I'm 74, and have stage 2 CHF, so in a risk population. We'll see how it goes.

Kay said...

It’s so darn embarrassing to have this horrible person for our president. What really unnerves me is I actually have two teacher friends who like him. How do they not see? What am I missing? It’s crazy!

DJan said...

I agree with you. How in the world he was not impeached and removed I cannot fathom. Perfect way to describe him. Thanks for the tidbits. Hang in there, AC. Love your posts. You and Sue keep me company every day. :-)

Shammickite said...

It's amazing... I hear so many comments about how awful Trump is, but I never hear anyone saying they like him. Yet he seems so popular!

Marie Smith said...

That is a perfect word for said person!