Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Cars That Go Bump in the Cold

I posted those snowy photos that I took on Thursday. That was the snowfall that was very heavy and wet. Very very sticky.

Then, it got very cold very quickly.

On Friday, there was a bumping and rattling from our vehicle. We thought and hoped that it was ice under the car, that I picked up riding those snowy streets. But we couldn't tell.

Needing to drive into the city on Saturday, we wouldn't want to proceed if the car was having real trouble.

But what can you do late on a Friday afternoon?

Well, I took it to my tire place and asked if they could put it on the hoist just to see if it was ice or some other problem. I wasn't asking for a fix, just a check.

They took it on a little drive to discern the problem for themselves and then took it into the shop. A half hour later, the car was fixed and ready.

Yes, it had been ice, which they were able to take care of when they removed a wheel.

There was no charge.

I have been loyal to them for 15 years, always getting my tires changed for the season (we have two sets of tires hereabouts, one for winter). I also have bought my new tires there as well as having brakes serviced.

My loyalty to them paid off that day.

.....................................

Speaking of ice, this is a result of the quick freeze after the wet snow in mild weather. We've never before had such a display of icicles on our house.




14 comments:

DJan said...

Oh my! Those look dangerous. Be careful, AC. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

Could poke an eye out, but you're careful I'm sure. Gracious, the gutters must be full too!

Barbara Rogers said...

And I'm also glad your car problem was fixed so easily. I also have a mechanic who I go to for everything, and they are great to me in exchange.

Vicki Lane said...

Loyalty pays off! And what magnificent icicles!

gigi-hawaii said...

Your house is beautiful, even with the icicles. You are fortunate to have such nice car repair men. Loyalty does pay off, doesn't it?

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice to get service without a charge so loyalty does "pay" off. Quite an icicle display showing on your place.

Marie Smith said...

Lots of ice around here too AC. It will be 8 and rain tomorrow however! The 8 is nice at least.

Jenn Jilks said...

That is wonderful service! We find the same thing around here.
The icicles are wonderful. I bet they be gone now!!!!

Joanne Noragon said...

That is a great reward for devoting custom to someone. My garage does the same for me, and even gives me the "employee discount" for thirty odd years patronage.

MARY G said...

We had major icicles as well. And horrible clots clinging to the bottom of both vehicles. Gravel roads make it worse. Glad you got a fix and yes, small town generosity. Good!!!

Rita said...

I'm pleased to hear that your loyalty paid off. Hard to find that these days. Quite an icicle display!! :)

Mara said...

Loyalty pays off. Good it paid off for you and that it was only ice. Happy driving!

dellgirl said...

Good that the company rewarded your loyalty, that is always a treat. The icicles are awesome!

William Kendall said...

That is good service.