Friday, March 20, 2020

Isolation Day 7

We began our self-incarceration one week ago. That made yesterday, Thursday, day 7.

As has become the recent habit, we did a selfie for the family.


Some of these selfies are really compressed because they are shot and edited in the fb app, which enables Sue to add the funny bits.

I drove to the local pond in splendid isolation. I was pretty sure there would be geese although I was hoping for hooded mergansers. There were geese. Only geese, darn it all. A few photos turned out well enough, not natgeo well, but they'll do. The stripes in the second photo are reeds.



I used my long lens, so although the photos were cropped, they weren't cropped to magnify the birds, but just to get rid on some extraneous detail, especially in the first photo, above.

I had driven to the pond, but Sue decided to walk over shortly after and took this photo of me taking photos.


Then we sat on the new bench by the river and took another selfie.


This was our view from the bench on a dull day, but we appreciated getting out on the first day of spring (or at least the sun reached the equator just before midnight). Winters are long here, so this was a treat despite the cold and the dullness.


After lunch we walked to a nearby place that prepares take-home dinners, although we were really after goodies at the time. We placed a small order by phone, and it was ready when we got there. Sue waited outside while I was in and out in a touchless jiffy. One other couple entered but really kept their distance while they complied with the store to don gloves. Everyone is being extremely careful.

Still later, Shauna sent a message that she had left goodies in our porch. That is beef stew in the container, courtesy of her significant other.


We heated the stew for supper. It was excellent, and we appreciated it very much.



Shauna is really stepping up, and now her beau is too.


12 comments:

Haddock said...

The second selfie looks nice (and colourful)

DJan said...

I am enjoying your self-incarceration posts. And I wasn't hungry before, but now I am. That stew looks delicious, except for the beef bits. (I'm vegetarian) :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

What a busy life, not all in the house at all! Lovely looking dinner.

Marie Smith said...

Family is everything really. Good looking stew too. Take care you two.

Mara said...

Over here the situation is similar. Toilet paper is stocked up again in the supermarkets as well.

Hope your good humours continue!

MARY G said...

Aw, grouch! Geese make lovely, lovely photos. As you demonstrated.

gigi-hawaii said...

Good looking stew, good looking married couple, good looking animals and scenery. What can I say? You have a good life.

Jenn Jilks said...

Isn't that sweet? My kids are working from home and this afternoon we take the grandies back.

Care packages. Perth published a list of restaurants doing take out. We're good for that.
Take care!

Vicki Lane said...

You seem to be coping well. And that stew makes me hungry.

Tabor said...

My daughter and son are far away for food delivery...so nothing as good as what you got. I do worry more about here with a teenager and pre-teen that eat like elephants!

Joanne Noragon said...

A super nice post, Canada geese notwithstanding.

Rita said...

That was really considerate of them and looks good! :)