Friday, March 27, 2020

Say Cheese

That wasn't so bad.

The first two weeks of isolation, I mean.

I do expect at least four more, but perhaps I will be surprised. If not, I am sure that we can continue to manage with a little bit of help.

Yesterday, for example, Shauna asked if we needed anything from the grocery store. Although we had just obtained some groceries on the previous day (blogged here), there were a few more things that we could use. Since we don't want her to make a special trip for us, we will take advantage when she does go shopping and try to project needs a little bit.

Here she is bringing groceries (bag in the hand that you can't see in the photo) in to Sue's cleaning station in the garage. She had already brought in the big box of cat litter which is on the floor by the basket.


There was no walk yesterday. By the time, I felt like going out, it was raining. We did, however, manage some indoor exercise. It is a simple 15 minute routine called 1 Mile Happy Walk. It is gentle, which is important for me, and is supposedly equivalent to walking 1 mile. Here, I shall go find it and embed it below. This is not something that I intended to do.


After doing those 15 minutes, I do a few gentle reps with light weights — just 5lb weights.

We did get out for a walk on the previous day, Sue's birthday. We got to the park just as they were finishing sealing off the playground. Walking in the park while keeping your distance from others is fine, but equipment is potentially hazardous for now.


There have been some COVID-19 cases in nearby Ottawa and 1 case has been reported by our local health unit. This unit oversees three counties, and I don't know where exactly this case occurred.

It was reported to be a 70 year old woman. How odd that when I hear of an age like that, I think she's old, but here I am 2 years older, and I don't particularly think of myself in those terms.

I received an email from our internet provider last evening, informing me of an impending rate increase. I wrote a short, somewhat testy reply stating that this simply is not the right time for this. I understand that there is a rate increase being passed on to them, but surely an internet provider has to be one business not hit haard by the virus. It is odd because they have shown themselves to be a good company in the past.

Someone is organizing local sort of scavenger walks for kids where people hang themed pictures and whatnots in their windows. Yesterdays theme was quotes. This is an original quote from none other than Sue, herself.


I keep diverting and adding information that I hadn't intended and, therefore, boring you to tears, so I shall close now with a few recent selfies: say cheese.





19 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Life goes on. I like the happy walk! We've ha lots of rain and I've done little 15-20 min circuits in my house but I think I'll try this marching in place. Stay safe and don't let the cat take advantage of your good nature.

Marcia said...

Thanks for sharing the walking video. I used to have her dads that I used when we lived in the house. I'm going to put that on the iPad and walk in the dining room. I've been using Curtis videos that are linked to the community app here at Vantage House. So I'll combine the tow today.

Marcia said...

not dads but dvd!

Jenn Jilks said...

You sound like you have things under control! We are so lucky, here in Canada!

DJan said...

I sure smiled at your last two pictures. And I'll check out that video. Stay safe. :-)

MARY G said...

That first selfie is JUST AWFUL! Snort. Chuckle.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

A Little too fast for me! Stewart's Caring Place is a support place for cancer survivors and they have put up some gentle strength exercises on YouTube...

Shammickite said...

My internet provider is raising rates in May too, up by $5 a month. But I suppose that so many more people are using more internet time by working from home. However, I'm grateful for the access.... it's my lifeline out of this house!

Kay said...

Happy Birthday to Sue!

We weren't able to go for a walk either. It's raining a lot over here too.

I wish my kids lived close by instead of in Illinois and Maryland and could drop by with supplies too. Still, here in Hawaii... there's a 37 year old fellow who worked at as a bartender who is now on a ventilator. So the young are not immune. Sigh... I really don't think it's going to be over by Easter so people can again go to services like Trump says.

Mara said...

We don't see a lot of children outside and definitely none roaming the area like they normally would. Even next door's Dalton brothers are only out in their garden and do not venture further than that. It must be boring for them stuck in the house all day. They are 6, 4, 3 and 1.

There is one of those programs on Dutch television as well: normally once a day in the morning, doing gentle exercise with older folk. Now they show it three times a day to make sure people keep moving.

Marie Smith said...

I hope you are right about the month but I fear it will be much longer.

Mage said...

Happy walk indeed. I like that twisted picture of sue too.

PipeTobacco said...

I agree with you Jenn.... things seemed to be so much better and calmer in this crisis in Canada. I wish it were so here in the US. Things are treated way more chaotically here.

PipeTobacco

Joanne Noragon said...

Scavenger walks for kids--great. Won't they have cool memories when they grow up, and hopefully their children will never do a repeat of this.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great to see you all are doing ok...though slightly off kilter in selfies. Yes, movement exercise is important. I'll see if my "Seniorcise" VCR will still play, I kind of think the machine ate it last year.

Rita said...

That one stretchy-faced selfie is a bit scary looking--LOL!
Have a great weekend. :)

dellgirl said...

Just saying “Hi”, stopping in to see what's new with you and to show my face. Between your post and the comments, I don’t have any relevance to add to the conversation. As always, I enjoy your blog and LOVE the funny face selfie!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It's encouraging that people are helping each other. Our neighbour just called and said that she is going shopping and inquired if there is anything she could pick up for us. Actually even though shopping has changed dramatically, I still don't mind going. It gets me out of the house for one thing and I always do a little birding going and coming.

William Kendall said...

It's become a strange world.