Thursday, October 10, 2019

Colour Ramble 6: Mountainview Road

We had enough time to squeeze in a short jaunt.

So . . . we headed back to Mountainview Road, which we had first driven two and a half weeks ago when the colours were just beginning and posted about here. It is a very rural road but driveable and not very long and not so very far away.

The colour had improved  in that time, and I would have to say was at its peak.

This is a telephoto shot. I wanted just the barns and the bank of trees.


The long lane to another farm.


I can't remember if this was one of the two farms above, or a different one, but I just had to get the cows in a photo.


Finally, for that outing, a blazing red tree behind a split-rail fence.


What I like about these photos is that there is colour, but there is also more than just colour.

11 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

It's been an excellent year for colour, hasn't it?! Good work.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The red tree behind the split rail fence was wonderful and my favorite in this series from your recent outing, AC. After the predicted rains this weekend, we should see much more color here but then it's also predicted to be windy so hopefully some leaves will remain to enjoy.

Barbara Rogers said...

How really lovely. I saw no reds as I returned to NC yesterday, through the long way in Tennessee and over a pass to Asheille...not many yellows yet either. Sigh. So glad to see you had a good autumn color! Thanks.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

These are so wonderful! And I am so jealous! I don't think we will be having great fall color this year, either.

William Kendall said...

Glorious colours!

Marie Smith said...

Looks like you are at peak colour! Beautiful!

Joanne Noragon said...

And I like the country setting, too.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

My favorite is the last one. I love the juxtaposition of the wooden fence and the strong reds in the tree. Super.

Country Gal said...

Lovely photos . Our trees are still mostly green , I expect they will all of a sudden change in the next week or so . Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you and your family .

Mage said...

I agree. Lovely stuff indeed.

Kay said...

Oh my goodness gracious! The colors are totally spectacular. It makes me want to go to Canada.