Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Fog Again

It was going to be another day of recuperation. It really was. We have exercise class on Tuesday and Thursday, and I had planned to forego Tuesday (yesterday) and get back in the groove on Thursday. Such was the plan. but the day transpired very differently, and I am glad of it.

I got up very early as usual, sometime around 5 o'clock give or take, and did whatever it is that I do in my den until Sue gets up. The blinds were down, and I had no idea what was going on outside. It really didn't matter because outside was dark. Oh those dark mornings! Never mind, there are only 5 more months to go.

When m'lady arose from her slumbers, however, she informed me that it was foggy out.

Now, you know from the Foggy Morning post last week that photographers, or at least this photographer, are drawn to fog.

What a dilemma! On the one hand, I wasn't sure that I was ready to go out after my bout with the cold. I certainly hadn't been planning on it, at least. On the other hand, however, fog is hard to pass up.

So, I did head out with my gear, heading to the opposite side of the river from last week. The fog was much heavier this time, almost too heavy, and the environs were not as good, but it was still nice to get out.

I began by shooting the old Hawthorne Mill (first photo) and our rather venerable canoe club (second photo).



Next I was attracted to the little hut by the side of the park. There was just enough fog to soften the photo and enough colour to make it appealing. To me, at least.



I wandered along the woodsy path and liked the one colourful tree overhanging the pathway.


Down by the river, I decided to photograph the maple leaves in the water.


I saw that the sun rising over the foggy high school. Perhaps it will also brighten foggy, early morning student brains. I processed the photo with warm tones to accent the sun, but I am not sure that I like it.


Back at the starting point, the rising sun was beginning to touch the side of the mill. You can see the difference if you compare it to the first image.


When I got back home, I surprised Sue by saying that I would also go to exercise class. It went pretty well.

Then I surprised her again by saying I would do the grocery shopping after lunch.

Finally, we had Shauna and the kids over for supper. I fired up the barbie, and grilled what will be the final barbecue of the season. October will finish with 2 days of rain, and, well, one just doesn't grill around here from November through March and quite possibly into April or even May. Unless one has a sheltered spot, and we don't.

I will leave you with one more photo from the morning fog. It's just a arched branch in the river and its reflection. See? I can be arty.


13 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Print that last one! Spectacular!

Bess said...

Love the hut by the park, almost looks like you're waiting for someone to 'peek' around the corner. Good work AC....Bess from Massachusetts

Vicki Lane said...

Beautiful!!! I love the first and last ones especially.

Shammickite said...

Yes it was foggy here too but I just admired the fogginess from indoors!
The reflection picture is fun. I see a face there.

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm so glad you got up and about! SOmetimes one simply has to put one foot in front of another.
I've been fighting this cold. So far so good.

Just amazing photos, AC. I see fog here, but don't think about going to find water. Maybe next time! JB has been doing walkies around our property on a regular basis. It's been really good for his legs. It's not just a walk, but climbing up hill and down dale.

Good for you for going to exercise classes. Whatever motivates, is the method!

The Padre said...

Absolutely Brilliant Photos - Also, Totally Dig The 'Checking in w/Random Blatherings' Post - Keep On Keeping On

Cheers

Tabor said...

That last is the most wonderful photo!! I went through a fog period and I still love to try fog photos.

Barbara Rogers said...

Sorry, I'll skip that last. I see your artfulness in the fog ones, and especially the path. Gorgeous.

Should Fish More said...

Very, very nice photo's, AC. I'm in Seattle now, and it's no stranger to fog.

Marcia said...

I can't get my head to process that last photo. I don't know what's real and what's reflection. Glad you're feeling better.
I need to post more Barcelona photos but now have 2 yr old granddaughter here from Buffalo and we are watching her while Mom commutes to DC.

William Kendall said...

Wonderfully moody shots!

Kay said...

Oh my... I do love the mystery and emotion of fog.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I must admit that I have never done a decent fog photo which is even more reason to admire yours!