Monday, October 07, 2019

Scratching an Itch

As I have whinged on about it, you know that I have been a little under the weather recently. That plus poor weather and appointments has resulted in no new photography. I began to itch to get out, just a little bit.

When I drove just around the corner on an errand I saw some colour and thought it might be worth returning with my camera. So I did, just a few minutes later.

I was really pushing it as the day was windy, overcast and cool. But I clicked anyway.

I wanted to see how this would turn out — orange on one side on and green on the other. It's okay, I guess.


What about waving grass in the foreground with blurry trees behind? Hmm. I like it less.


How about some photos of long since desiccated blooms with autumn colour behind? Yes. I do like this.


This too, with one bright yellow leaf (or flower or seed pod) lingering on the branch.


The brief, nearby outing served to scratch that little itch. With some nicer weather returning this week, I hope to get out and around again although  the  mundane aspects of life might not be as onboard with this wish as I would like.

9 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad you were able to get out for awhile, AC, and hope that the health issues are receding enough to let you enjoy photo taking and sharing the results with all of us. I too liked the lone seed head. We do not yet have spectacular foliage colors here in our part of NH.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Like the photos. This is my third time trying to comment. Google is being irritating. If this doesn't work I'm giving up.

Marie Smith said...

So much yellow in autumn. Love it.

Joanne Noragon said...

Well, I like all of these!

William Kendall said...

These are pretty!

The Liberty Belle said...

Very nice! I particularly like the first one.

Kay said...

I love how you look for beauty all around you.

Jenn Jilks said...

It is great. I like the contrasts. Hope you are feeling better.

Mage said...

Love the pod.