Sunday, October 13, 2019

Colour Ramble 10: Perhaps the Finale

— I wasn't planning on it, but I need to double-post again today! Sorry about that. —

After something like a 6 hour excursion on the previous day, we were a might tired on Friday and only took a brief, local ramble in the afternoon. The colour has peaked but will still be worth seeing for awhile yet. But we may be done with our little trips; we've rambled and seen quite a lot now. Good for us: it has been a good year for colour.

As we ramble, perhaps a little excessively, I ruminate that you never know once you are in your 70s. This could be the last year for us to ramble. Or there could be many more opportunities. Who can know?

Also bear in mind that we do a lot more driving than snapping; most of our trips are simply about taking in the scenery as we drive.

That being said, I am posting a few more photos in what might possibly be our final ramble of the season.

As I have mentioned in a previous post, although there is much water hereabouts, we don't get to see a lot of it. So when I passed by this little river on a local concession, I paused. It turned out that there wasn't much to see, either of the river or colour., except for the odd yellow-leaved tree.


Farther along, we came to an intersection with a grove on the corner.


A nice copse in an otherwise cleared farm field.


The same copse with sumac in the foreground. The copse is blurry as I wanted to get the sumac in focus.


Finally: we don't very often find spots where the road is covered by an arch of trees, but when we do, it's good to get a quick photo.


As I have written, this may or may not be the last ramble, but I still hope to visit our local park(s) for some shots.

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

That last one in particular draws me in.

Joanne Noragon said...

I am a big fan of roads with arches of trees.

Jenn Jilks said...

We haven't really been out on the water. I haven't gone in my canoe in a couple of months.

Glorious photos, and a wonderful time of year.

MARY G said...

Written Monday morning. A lot of our leaves are flitting down, some yesterday and more today, but there is still a huge amount of gold and several vibrant reds.
I do enjoy your ramble photos. Wheelers was a real score.