Friday, October 04, 2019

Updated Diagnosis

I had diverticulitis for two days, but now I don't.

The result of my CT scan is such that I don't have diverticulitis although there are things going on down there. I'd tell you what those other things are, but I can't remember them all as I took the doctor's call while standing in line at the pharmacy.

I know that I have diverticulosis (pouches along the wall of the the intestines) but that is not uncommon, and you may have them too. But I don't seem to have the dangerous inflammation of those pouches that is diverticulitis. I do have a cyst, and there were one or two other things that the good doctor mentioned.

But the key point it that I don't have the most concerning problem.

She took me off the antibiotics, which I won't miss, and will refer me to the urologist of whom I am already a patient and have been for more than a decade. He is the one who diagnosed my hernia for which I had surgery in May.

We were impressed with how quickly the doctor was able to get the sometimes slow-grinding medical wheels moving for me. I was able to have an ultrasound within days when there is a rather long queue at the hospital. She reacted to those results right away before getting me in for the scan, also in record time. Then she called me within hours the scan and I suspect within minutes of receiving the results herself. This has all happened within a week: the quick initial appointment, the ultrasound, the course of treatment based  on the ultrasound, the CT scan, and the adjustments in treatment resulting from the scan.

No, things are not right done there in my nether regions. But it is not a worst case scenario either. I will continue to be careful about what I ingest and, hopefully, manage whatever is transpiring in my intestines until there is further investigation.

In the interim, I slept a little better last night although not as well as I would have liked. Hopefully, I will do even better tonight.

7 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Glad you could get off the antibiotics quickly when you didn’t need them, AC. Take care.

Mage said...

I've been having a similar reaction to the results from doctor's and hospitals. Miracle indeed.

Jenn Jilks said...

Good luck with all this. It sounds like your physician is on the ball!

What people need to know about Canadian healthcare is that there are wait times, for certain issues (like my cataracts!) but that when you NEED to be at the front of the line they put you there.
Hubby was at the front of the line when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Glad of this for you. Hubby keeps a file of all his tests. It really helps as he goes from practitioner to practitioner.

Barbara Rogers said...

That's good news...and you sound very positive going forward with the condition your condition is in. Hope you have a pleasant night's sleep, and maybe even some dreams!

William Kendall said...

Not having a worst case scenario is a good thing.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Just spent time catching up on the previous posts, AC, and glad that you are feeling somewhat better and able to get a bit of rest. i would have been exhausted by all the doctor visits and testing.

Kay said...

Yay! This is great news! I'm having problem down there in the the nether regions too, but so far don't know what that is.