Saturday, October 12, 2019

Colour Ramble 8: In the Sugarbush

In a county that declares itself The Maple Syrup Capital of Ontario, our favourite destination of the several maple sugar venues that serve the public is Wheelers Pancake House and Sugar Camp. You know this if you have been visiting this blog for any length of time because I seem to post about it twice a year.

Wheelers is about a 45 minute drive from here, and in the autumn, particularly, that drive is a treat. While we didn't stop en route to take pictures, the drive was certainly part of Thursdays ramble.

We hadn't had breakfast yet, and since it was already close to 10 o'clock and I had been up since 5, we proceeded toute de suite into the restaurant.

Afterward, however, we wandered about.

Actually, I didn't have to wander far for the first two photos of this ever-photogenic shack. It draws me more often than not, but I am showing it today at least partly because I want to set the context for the second photo.


You may see a little white spot through the door of the above photo. That is a window, so for my next shot, I took the camera to the door and shot through the window..  Since the door was locked, I couldn't get inside, so my photo was at an odd angle, which I straightened in post.


Then, we ambled about the sugar bush itself. The sugar maples turn yellow and not the more dramatic red that we all love, but it is still quite lovely to walk in the woods.




Back to the compound, I couldn't resist snapping this photo of the alpaca, the truck, and the background trees.


Finally, upon leaving the property, I felt compelled to stop for this photo of the colourful trees on the knoll with that solitary tree off to the side, all against a clear blue sky.


7 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Glorious color! And I love the shot through the door.

Barbara Rogers said...

All beautiful...my fav is the last one. Poor lonely little tree compared to a huddle!

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous fall shots!

Jenn Jilks said...

Perfect!

Joanne Noragon said...

Another beautiful autumn day.

Marie Smith said...

Love those portrait shots. The yellows are glorious!

Mage said...

I love all the color you share with us. Thank you.