Sunday, October 13, 2019

Colour Ramble 9: Deep in the Interior

I know. On and on this series goes. But the season is short, and with a very long winter approaching, I try to make the most of it. The colour has peaked, and so we ramble.

Unlike the previous, brief and near-to-home rambles, we went quite a long way into areas where we hadn't yet ventured in our 14 years of living here. This was after our visit to Wheelers Pankcake House of the previous post, which had already taken three hours.

My photos from this excursion are not stellar, but someone from elsewhere might like to see some of our rural geography.

The centre of our county is a highland that is part of the Canadian Shield. A little of that highland aspect is visible in these photos.



Shield  geography may be described as rocks, trees and lakes. As we travel, most lakes are well hidden from the roads, but we were fortunate to come across a few glimpses on that day.




I will leave this ramble with one more typical photo: a bend in the road with trees and colour and that one green conifer in the midst of the colour.


8 comments:

Marie Smith said...

The water adds another wonderful element to the shots!

Barbara Rogers said...

Sunshine is another aspect that helps! Beautiful autumn colors. So far I'm just wishful. Seeing the colors in the Rockies last week I still only saw yellow agains dark green conifers. Will try the Appalachians today, but it looks rainy so far...and not much changing of colors yet.

Vicki Lane said...

What a beautiful place! And that last photo is wonderful!

Jenn Jilks said...

Excellent photos, as always. The season is short. I went down to the trailcams and it was raining wet leaves on my head!

Mage said...

Just beautiful.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I wouldn't get tired of these photos. They all make me feel happy! Is this the Laurentian highlands?

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous colours!

Red said...

Awesome color.