Monday, October 14, 2019

Thanksgiving Trials and Flowers

With our turkey dinner planned for today, Monday, Sunday was the designated day to cook the turkey. It was one that was pre-stuffed and ready to cook from frozen. I can't be bothered to go into details right now except to say that after cooking it, we decided to chuck it. Thank providence that it was a smaller and not too pricey a bird and also one that had been in that freezer for awhile. So, it wasn't like we had lost the $$ that we had just spent.

I ended up buying a boxed breast of turkey at the last minute. Hopefully, it will do the trick with much less fuss, for Sue proclaims in no uncertain terms that she is done cooking turkeys. So from here on, they shall be boxed or someone else will be forced to take up the mantle.


To get to the real point of this post, whilst I was out purchasing the boxed product, I spied lovely red sunflowers just beyond the checkout. I had already paid for my purchase and wasn't about to go back into the line, so I took them through the exit doors, thankfully without sirens blazing, and paid for them at the little smoke and lottery shop just off the lobby.

I would have been done with them after Sue had put then in a vase on the table, but she noticed the light coming in through the patio doors and took some photos with her camera. She thought that I might do better, and so I got out my little used macro lens and took a number of shots.

I like them and maybe you will too, and the first is my card to you as it were.


Some of the rest.





9 comments:

MARY G said...

Like them all and love the last one. We had our dinner yesterday and I am about to serve scraps of bird for supper tonight. I got stuck with cooking the bird as the rest of the family went for a hike. Sue has it right. It is time to quit.
Hope your day and turkey roll are both fine. Me, I love turkey rolls. Less mess.

Marie Smith said...

I’ve never seen red sunflowers. Just gorgeous!

Barbara Rogers said...

Beautiful flower...good turkey choice!! Happy Thanksgiving Canadians!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to you and Sue. The return to the store was fortuitous as you posted lively images of the sunflowers.

Joanne Noragon said...

Now those are worth a lot of looking.

Jenn Jilks said...

Sweet photos!
I'm so sorry about your turkey. I buy mine down the road and we had a team to cook it, including my son-in-law whose last name is Cooke!

Kay said...

Oh wow! That is really awesome! Happy Thanksgiving! I'm glad my sister-in-law is doing the turkey this year.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Glorious sunflowers. Hope your Thanksgiving was a joy despite the first turkey.

William Kendall said...

Dazzling!

The illuminati spammer has been everywhere today.