Tuesday, October 15, 2019

The Candidates

— a wrap to the whole ramble series, I think —

Although I change my opinion from time to time, I am going to post or re-post what I think are the best images from the recent rambles: images that I would be tempted to invest the paper and ink to print large and frame. (When I say large, the best that I can do with my equipment is 18x12.)

You've seen them all already although some may be edited a bit more from when you saw them.

In chronological order, this is the first. No, it probably won't make the final cut except that it is my most nearby photo which is what I generally display locally. It might resonate with some people because it is so local.


This is a good candidate for a 14x11 print since that is already the size that I inadvertently cropped to. It is very Canadiana, and it is not too far removed for local interest.


I really like the farm with the wall of trees behind. I did brighten it a little from when I first displayed it and removed a somewhat distracting roof up on the slope.


I like the next photo a lot. It is understated compared to the rest, and that may be why I like it. Once again, it is fairly close to home, in the nearest town to us.


Of the sugarbush photos, this is my fave,


I do like this next and final photo although with my equipment and the frames readily at my disposal, I don't think I actually would print it.


All in all, I think the 4 middle photos are the most likely candidates, but it also depends on what I need, including the crop size, for a specific display. I suspect, therefore that the red maple with fence photo may get the nod in the display that I am currently setting up. I think it will fit both the theme and the size that I need.

I do like that wishbone tree, though.


9 comments:

MARY G said...

Voting - wishbone tree and golden path.

Marie Smith said...

They are all glorious! I’m with Mary G though.

Barbara Rogers said...

Hard decisions....these are all beautiful.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

All beautiful! The one with the fence is my favorite, but others are so very close.

Should Fish More said...

I like them all, couldn't decide.

Joanne Noragon said...

1,3,5, Two of them for the building interest and the last because it is a closed world.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

My votes go to the second and fourth photos and in that order, AC. We went walking through a nearby park today and I could swear we spotted similar scenes, but then again this is New England and it's "leaf peeping" time.

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm partial to the bright red maples. I like the oranges and yellows, too, but those reds!

William Kendall said...

The third for me.