Sunday, October 06, 2019

Backstage With the Mounties

It has been almost three weeks since the Mounties came to town, which I posted about back then:
The RCMP Musical Ride Came to Town. What I didn't post at the time were my backstage photos. Times have been busy, and there have been other things about which to post, so I forgot about it for a time. But when I rediscovered the photos, I decided that now is the time.

Somewhat surprisingly, the RCMP was very open about allowing the public onto their setup area. But there weren't many of us there as the hordes were, quite understandably, grabbing their spots over yonder for the actual performance. Bob and I had received prior permission to be in the staging area, but anyone else who wandered by, was also free to observe and take pictures.

Mounties climb into the van to get their charges ready.


They lead them down the ramp.


They keep the horses under control.


They walk them about.


They don their dress uniforms and are glad to pose.


The Mounties mount and begin to walk their steeds.



Walking as a group now. I had skedaddled over to the performance field but shot this looking back over the hedges.


Entering the field for the show, which I previously documented.


8 comments:

Shammickite said...

Nice to see all the preparations going on backstage. I'll go Markham Fair today, even though it looks a bit rainy, and the RCMP Musical Ride is scheduled for twice today. So perhaps some pictures in the next blog post. My grandies saw the Ride yesterday, they were very impressed.

Jenn Jilks said...

This is a wonderful backstage peek. I think it lovely, as there are so many photos of the actual events. Cool!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

This is all so beautiful and so impressive!

Kay said...

I love their red uniforms. Terrific photos!

Marie Smith said...

Nice to see what goes on behind the scenes!

William Kendall said...

They are majestic horses.

Joanne Noragon said...

This is exciting to see, in person and in picture.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It was nice to see the backstage preparation and then the procession in dress uniforms. The RCMP are always quite impressive.