Tuesday, April 30, 2024

The Pies are Coming

I was at the hospital with Sue this morning (more to come later – probably) when a notice form Ashton Church Pies popped up.

Actually, there were 10 of each at the time, but you can see the low quantities, above, by the time we got home and before I thought to check again. Two were already Sold Out, and quantities were down in all cases.

I messaged them this: 

I would like to order an apple pie and a butterscotch pie if they are still available. Will E-transfer once I hear back from you.

They replied thusly:

I put 2 pies aside for you this morning before I released the sale 😀 Thank you! I'll send the confirmation this evening 

"Before I released the sale." That was a surprise. lol

I guess they are getting to know me, for as far as I can recall, this is a first for Mother's Day pies. They usually do Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas, but they anticipated me well. 😁😋

BTW, they do this as a fundraiser for the food bank. Perhaps I can persuade you to believe that this is the main reason why I order. Hmm?

21 comments:

Sandra said...

Of course it is!! A good cause and a good treat.

Boud said...

Sounds appropriate. I hope all's well with Sue.

Barbara Rogers said...

What a great deal...I've never had butterscotch pie...but can sure imagine it.

Granny Sue said...

The pies look amazing. Lucky you!

PipeTobacco said...

Hoping everything is ok with Sue!!!!!!

PipeTobacco

Ed said...

I'm a sucker for homemade pie sales too and yes, whatever cause they are raising money.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The pies look amazing and since the cost is for a good cause, glad you got yourt order confirmed. Hope that Sue;s trip to the hospital was not serious, but then all such ones can be considered in that category.

RedPat said...

My mum made a wonderful butterscotch pie and I have never seen another one anywhere. I wonder if it is the same as hers. I keep looking for her recipe is the books and recipe cards that she left.

DB Stewart said...

No persuading required. Just enjoy the pies.

Margaret said...

Strawberry rhubarb would have been my first choice. Apparently, it's popular though!

The Furry Gnome said...

Now if a church around here did that, I'd order some!

Marie Smith said...

Look so good. Hope Sue is okay!

Celia said...

Hope Sue is OK. The pie thing, win-win. Strawberry rhubarb makes my mouth water.

Cloudia said...

Enjoy your pies!

Christina said...

That's excellent customer service! Enjoy those pies.

Patio Postcards said...

Oh that apple pie looks so yummy.

Debby said...

I have never heard of a butterscotch pie. Is it a type of cream pie, made with butterscotch pudding?

MARY G said...

Interesting fundraiser. Butterscotch is good, but maple is similar and, I think, better.

Jeanie said...

Butterscotch. I'd love that! What a great fundraising idea!

Jenn Jilks said...

What a great fundraiser!

Kay said...

Oh my gosh! Those look amazing! I haven't had a pie in ages.