Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Logs and Doubles

Note: I've had this is the queue for awhile, but it got buried so deep that I lost track of it. It was from my double exposure experiments a few weeks ago. I like the wheel and tree pics.

For Easter, I posted a double exposure of easter eggs over a log house. 

Well, there is another log house in Appleton on the other side of the river. Note the wagon wheel.


I decided to try to use the wagon wheel in a double exposure. I like it.


Since we were in a log house kind of mood, we drove back to town to photograph the one near the park and boat launch.

I took one exposure of the trees in the park and then one of the house. I ended up with a very airconditioned house.


Then I took another of a single tree before turning back to the house. I kinda like this one.



19 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

The double exposure kind of shows a history of what used to be there; now there are trees where a house once stood. I like them too!

DJan said...

Interesting experiments. I like the overlay of the wagon wheel.

Barbara Rogers said...

Cool pics...I got a kick out of the air conditioned cabin. Last shot is really nice with the screen door brace at the same angle as the tree trunk. A hidden harmony kind of.

Marie Smith said...

I like all of these, especially the last.

gigi-hawaii said...

Interesting experiments. Kind of spooky.

Sandra said...

I wouldn't want to live in the air conditioned house during a Canadian winter! The one with the single tree is kinda spooky.

Jeanie said...

These are fun. I know what you mean by the queue -- that happens to me, too.

Margaret said...

The last one is so cool! The air conditioned house, LOL. I rarely put posts in a queue although I did for my trip posts. I wrote them (mostly) immediately when I got back when everything was fresh in my mind, then spaced them out over several days. I did revise the last one a bit with updates about John.

RedPat said...

There is a ghost-like quality to them.

Jenny the Pirate said...

AC your "kinda like" is my absolute hands-down favorite! I think that's beautiful and so interesting. xoxo

Granny Sue said...

That last one is a stunner! Well done.

roentare said...

The cottage looks good enough on its own. The double exposure is done quite well looking artistic

Patio Postcards said...

Interesting treatments on the photos. I actually like the tree across the blue doom.

DB Stewart said...

My favourite is the tree-infused facade. Very horror movie, in a good way.

Red said...

You really do have fun laying around with various images.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Living where there plenty of logs. I have no desire for a log house.
But it look ghostly.

MARY G said...

Cheers for your new driver. That is such a great feeling. After sixty-six [ouch] years, I still remember it. Also, the different feelings as my offspring launched and my car took to disappearing regularly.
And I like the wheel double and the tree double. Not sure about the glass house.

Jenn Jilks said...

You've a keen eye!

Kay said...

Your photographic experimentations are so much fun to see.