Saturday, April 27, 2024

This and That

I was not sure whether to bother posting this, but I guess it is best to stay in contact after not posting yesterday. Of course, we have pictures. Nothing grand, mind you.

I have two photo of moi. Unbeknownst to me at the time, when I am concentering on my photo, Sue often shoots me – so to speak. If I had been more aware at the time, I would have included these photos with my recent posts of the cardinal and daylilies (which is what you folks called the plants).

I was videoing the cardinal.

I think I was trying to get the app to tell me what these plants might be.
Alas, it did not, but I will stick with my blogger friends' ID of daylilies.


I do occasionally shoot the missus. She deserves it.


On another day, we drove into the city to pick up my repaired tripod head ($170!!!). We then went to Swiss Chalet for lunch to chow down ion their two-for-one special. Unlike when we are out and about with our cameras, I do often think to take restaurant phone photos of milady. I didn't like the odd colour of the light in the restaurant, so I converted to mono.



I guess the main reason for this post is this ↓ final image.


Sue's potd subject was Illusion, but she couldn't quite get this done in camera. Either her fingers were unfocussed, or the town hall tower was. So, she took two separate photos, one of her fingers and one of the clock tower, and I was able to help her by combining them in Photoshop.




21 comments:

Marie Smith said...

That blue sky in the photos is spectacular. The last photo illustrates great team work, you two!

Barbara Rogers said...

The shot of you taking the photo of the day lilies (if that's what they are) is striking...the burst of green in all that grey woods, and of course your bright red coat. I love it!

Boud said...

They do look like wild day lilies. If you go back when they're in bloom you'll know.

RedPat said...

I like your Illusion collaboration.

Blondi Blathers said...

Of course you know what it "looks like" you're doing to those lilies, John!

roentare said...

The photoshop in the last shot is a clever one!

Joanne Noragon said...

You match the cardinal.

Margaret said...

Love the sky in those pictures! Sue is very photogenic.

Granny Sue said...

The first photo wow! That sky! And the last is a keeper. So cool you two share this hobby. My husband truly does not understand my need to take photos of all kinds of things...so I miss many that I so want to capture. I am no photographer like you two, but I cannot help this drive to photograph what I see, to share.

Liz Hinds said...

That's a lovely photo of Sue. Needs to be framed.

Vicki Lane said...

It's thoughtful of you to wear red to enhance the photos.

Cloudia said...

Nice work that you were able to achieve your vision for that last photo. Looks like a nice day for you two. Aloha

Sandra said...

Again, Sue is lovely! Now, onto the rest. I really like that last photo, it's great. The sky is so blue.

Marcia said...

Great last photo. Reminds me of one a former 4th grade student had taken of her finger on top of one of the pyramids. Hmm maybe it was both fingers like Sue's. Anyway it also was a great illusion.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Clouds are interesting in first photo.

Debby said...

"Nothing grand"??? That blue sky is amazing! You and Sue are a good team. You ought to just marry that woman!

DB Stewart said...

In these photos, you were just like the "cardinal in the park" from the last post. :-)

Kay said...

You do the most amazing things on Photoshop with Sue. That's an almost painful photo with the finger.

That's a gorgeous black and white shot of her.

Jenn Jilks said...

Well that was an adventure!

MARY G said...

What a marvellous sky. And you had better get back to those shoots when they have grown up so as to find out if we were correct or not. Love the photo of Sue and her illusion. In England, somewhere we stopped, might have been Wales in fact, there was a leaning Martello Tower. A pile of people were getting pics of themselves propping it up by standing in just the right spot and putting their hand at just the right angle. If I can recall where the [censored] it was, it would be a fine prop for herself.

Jenny the Pirate said...

That top photo reminded me of where I first found you, AC ... years ago on Skywatch Friday. And the last photo is awesome. Your Sue is my style icon and you can tell her I said so. I thought of you yesterday when our back pool area fence was bright with cardinals. xoxo