Friday, April 05, 2024

Blowin a Hoolie


The winds came, then the rain, and finally the snow, but the winds never ceased.

It was picture time, but we had to be quick because the winds were significant with gusts up to 50k/30mi.

This poor man had to turn around at the park entrance because between the wind and the active dog, he could barley keep his balance. I'm glad that he left because I am not sure if we would have been able to help him up.


We didn't venture even that far in the gale. We stayed nearer the entrance. Sue took her potd photo, and I squeezed off a few quick snaps.




I scooted back to the car but decided to hop back out to take a very short video clip to try to capture the sound of the wind.


Sue photographed me taking the video.


This storm was on April 04. We had out last storm of last year one day later on April 05. There could have been some additional light snowfalls last April, but I can't recall. This ↓ was a photo from the day after that storm, April 06 23, last year. It's a photo that I like.


I wonder if we're done yet with winter, snow and hoolies.


20 comments:

Marie Smith said...

It’s snowing here after a night of rain and high winds. We regularly have winds gusting to 90+ km now. It is scary! Love that last shot. A keeper!

Barbara Rogers said...

Goodness, a hoolie! I've sure experienced one but never knew what to call it! My favorites are #3 photo and the lovely one from last year, with some hints of color. Such dedication to your art! Hope you came home and had a nice warm cuppa something.

Ed said...

I don't know if you are done with winter but I certainly am!

Boud said...

You're certainly intrepid, going out in that. My concern around here is trees coming down with little warning so I'm cautious.

gigi-hawaii said...

I don't like the weather but do like the photos.

Christina said...

The forecast says it is going to be blowin a hoolie here tomorrow. Maybe all the way from Canada? No snow in the forecast, phew. I'll be sure to stay inside. I hope you and Sue stayed in your warm and cosy house after your windy adventure.

Sandra said...

Looks like winter!. Very brave of you two and that poor man to venture out in that weather. I do like the photos.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I like that last picture too. And not for nothing but no matter the prompt, my potd that day would have been of my feet -- towards the fireplace -- from the depths of my chair. Hahahaha stay warm xoxo

Granny Sue said...

My that looks cold! I will quit complaining about our unending rain, for it could be snow! I like all of these, AC. And learned a new word too.

RedPat said...

I'm impressed that you went out at all. We just got endless rain here.

The Furry Gnome said...

Well we had a hoolie day on Wednesday, but apart from a few flakes in the air, virtually no snow have I seen. And it starts getting warmer here tomorrow.

Red said...

Sorry about your weather but I really like the last photo with fog and snow.

roentare said...

The last shot is the winner!

MARY G said...

As of 4:00 pm April 5th, we have hydro back and the internet back. We have been on the generator for over a day, with no break other than the middle of the night when I got hooked to an oxygen canister to provide some silence. Hoolie is too good a word for it. What I want to say is prohibited, I am quite sure.
The photo that Sue took says a thousand words.

Cloudia said...

Most impressive weather! Thank you for reminding me that our gusts of 30 mph Are not really that bad. Although sometimes it does feel like I'm about to be blown away. Aloha from Honolulu. I'm wishing you a gorgeous spring

Jeanie said...

We were hoolie to the max yesterday - and it was cold with it. C'mon spring!

Blondi Blathers said...

Hoolie-o is in full icy command around here!

Jenn Jilks said...

You were brave to venture into the snow.

NGS said...

Why, April? Why you gotta treat us this way?

Kay said...

Oh gosh! That's quite a hoolie! We're getting crazy winds and rain here in Hawaii too but at least there's no snow. Rainy season is supposed to be over by now. On the other hand, I'm liking the cooler weather. It will soon be hot enough.