Monday, April 08, 2024

A Sue Shoot

My latest outing with Sue was not primarily for her potd but for a little fun with her sister. They would send each other a dancing sort of photo from across the miles. On a most lovely spring day, we headed to the pond.

We photographed her with the colourful umbrella . . . 


. . .  and without.


We took a more static photo ↓ by the bridge that was just off to the right of this ↑ setting.


Then a closeup.


I did try a few double exposures but with limited success. I guess this ↓ was the best one resulting from two quick clicks as Sue pirouetted. I think that a slower shutter speed would have worked better, but it's okay.


That ↑ was in-camera, but later I decided to try for a multiple exposure effect by merging three images in Photoshop. I used the soft light blending mode to add the two side images to the first one, and that resulted in a fairly nice blending. Then, I applied a wee touch of the motion blur filer.


I rather like the result.

Afterward, it being such a fine day, we went walkies. A mile is about as far as I will go because it takes me and my cane more than a half hour to hobble that far, but it was good to be out. I wore my in-between winter-spring jacket, the red-black one, and I was actually a little too warm on this lovely day.


18 comments:

Boud said...

I'm glad you have good walking weather!

DJan said...

Lovely Sue looking all rainbow-y. It does look like a nice day.

Patio Postcards said...

A colourful & fun outing with Sue. Tuesday's forecast - 21(c), definitely a time to change the outer wear. :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

A fun and very colorful outing and great "reason" to go for a walkie, as you call them. It looks like the snow is receding in your area as well as here. We hardly have any left except for some piled areas...yeah!

Sandra said...

Sue has panache! This looks like a beautiful day and I do like the last photo, too.

Barbara Rogers said...

Super to hear of your outing, and walkies. Love the motion added photo that you edited! You do have the touch. And Sue looks fabulous doing dances and twirls.

RedPat said...

I like the 1st two shots best. What a fine day that you had.
Sue is so photgenic!

Marie Smith said...

It looks lovely there, so spring like with the colours Sue is holding!

Granny Sue said...

Great colors! Sue sure has style. I sympathize re the walking. I have tried but my knee has gotten so bad I can't go far at all. Thinking I should have had that surgery this spring.

The Furry Gnome said...

That last photo is really remarkable!!

Celia said...

Great photos and what a nice day.

roentare said...

Panasonic and Olympus have the best in house software in general. I recalled I did in camera long exposure of 10 seconds stacking handheld on waterfalls too

Jenny the Pirate said...

Look at you with the lovely mild spring weather! As my mother would say ... Good-O! xoxo

Joanne Noragon said...

I like that last, tri-photo of Sue, and that you walked a mile.

Red said...

You had fun with these photos. A little preparation gives an opportunity to try some different shot.

Jenn Jilks said...

She looks beautiful!
This was fun and made me smile.

MARY G said...

Lovely weather an pre bug. And a wonderfully colourful umbrella. What could be better. I like the double, except for Sue's legs.

Jeanie said...

These are such fun and really wonderful photos!