Friday, February 02, 2024

Roy Brown Park, Visit 2

I took Sue and my new heated-mittens on our second January visit to Roy Brown park. Glory be! The mittens worked. My cane hand stayed warm, and my camera hand was able to get warmed up after exposing it. However, as good as my hands were, the footing was problematic, for the paths were narrow, rutty and a bit slippery.


You can see a bit of the conditions ↑ where Sue was waiting for me after I had finished taking the next ↓ photo. It is by no means a grand photo, but I was surprised to see on old fence from bygone days still existing within the park, so I thought it was worth a click  


Just as were were leaving, we stopped to take a photo looking across the river with the cattails in the foreground. As you can see, most of the river is frozen, but there the thin, darker section of running water out there. A few kilometres to the left it would now be thick enough for ice fishing. Meanwhile, there is no ice at all less than a kilometre to the right where the river narrows and, therefore, the velocity of the water increases as it courses through town. 


Just outside of the park, stands an old log home. We have taken several photos over the years. This time I was appreciative of the blue door along with the simple but tasteful matching blue on the window boxes. I decided to zoom in and focus on just that part of the structure.


Under Sue's urging, I took another of the whole building, and I like it too.


And that was our Tuesday romp. It had been a few days we had taken pictures. In point of fact, we didn't get out at all on Monday, but we did have Sha and the kids over for dinner, and that threw our schedule off. Wednesday was another uninspiring, late afternoon, neighbourhood walk with no pictures. I did get a photo yesterday, Thursday, but I think I’ll keep my powder dry, as the saying goes.

15 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Lovely photo outing! Love these shots, AC!

Barbara Rogers said...

Great looking photos! Couldn't decide which of the log house I preferred...both are just right for what they're showing. I caught the early-waking bug and was up from 3:30-5:30 this morning, but got a bit of a nap before 7:30 alarm. Glad the mittens are working!

DJan said...

I like the last one of the whole building very much.

gigi-hawaii said...

Love blue, it's my favorite color. Also, congrats on getting noticed. Awesome and inspiring!

MARY G said...

Yes, the last one of the whole building. And the one of Sue on the ice. Yeah, walking is fun these days. However, yesterday's melt should clear some of it, providing they had the scraper bots out.
No groundhog here. Tough, eh.

Margaret said...

The catttails photo is lovely! As are the rest of your winter photos.

RedPat said...

The weather has not been conducive to nice walks. Today we finally got sunshine here.

roentare said...

It is a good update with images from you. The last shot is charming

Red said...

Good that you found something that increased the comfort of your hands.

Catalyst said...

I like your first and last photos. Sue looks like a mysterious serial killer in the woods. Perhaps she lives in that log house.

Joanne Noragon said...

You need to be careful out there, easier said than done!

Granny Sue said...

The picture of the river really grabs me...the epitome of cold. And such delicate colors.

Granny Sue said...

I should add, I like them all. A very successful outing, AC!

Kay said...

These are gorgeous photos. I can almost feel the chill here in Hawaii. Sue looks very stylish.
By the way, thank you so much for writing about Control z. I'd seen that before but never used it and now I've been rescued from frustration just knowing that trick.

Jenn Jilks said...

It is horrid walking here. Well, our buck with the dislocated ankle demonstrates it.
You did well to get out.