Sunday, February 11, 2024

Life Goes On

We're still trying to get out and about on an almost daily basis, but the footing has not been easy, and neither has the photography.

Following are two photos showing the walking conditions. The first is by downtown behind town hall, the second in our neighbourhood park. Temperatures have been above freezing during the past few days, so those little paths were a little bit mushy on top of the ice. They were still very tricky, however, particularly in the second photo.



I have been using my compact camera. It's not up to snuff compared to my big camera, but I have been determined to work with it because it fits in my coat pocket. Of course, the deplorable conditions haven't helped. As you can see, the second photo, below, goes with the first one, above. I can't be bothered to fiddle with placement.

The colour wasn't very good, so I flipped to b&w, but they're still not exactly stellar shots. One does what one can.



I did catch another sunset from the bedroom, but it wasn't nearly as glorious as the one that I showed a few days ago. It's okay, though.



Here is yet another sunset from another evening. It's been a good week for sunsets.


Before I post this, I am going to check to see what is on Sue's phone  . . . 

I don't usually make a fuss over dogs, but this guy had laid in the snow and was refusing to move for his human. When I started to talk to him, he found quite a surge of energy. I wish the photo showed his enthusiasm more because he was jumping deliriously. 


You have seen Sue on the slide previously, but that was my photo, and she wanted one on her phone for her project.


When I look back, I guess the the week was better than I had thought.

19 comments:

Marcia said...

The last photo made me laugh. I don't think Sue climbed up and slid down but it's a great pose.

Barbara Rogers said...

Yikes...be safe out there! I liked the B&W and the second sunset best.

Liz Hinds said...

Ooh, I like the one with the church and the weir. And Sue on the slide. You are very dedicated photographers.

MARY G said...

You may have quality concerns, but these are great. I like the first b and w shot's composition and am asking myself what you see that I don't.
And do not let Sue break anything ... the slide is probably a lot safer than the paths.
I use cleats and two poles to get from the house to the car. Sigh.

Jenn Jilks said...

We have to be so careful out there. Happily, JB is now out walking on the melted driveway!
We were in CP, and can attest to the conditions!

Marie Smith said...

Love the b&w photos. It isn’t easy under foot this time of year!

Vicki Lane said...

You intrepid folks! I am in awe.

Sandra said...

I can't see what is wrong with your photos either. Beautiful sunsets. The photo of Sue on the slide is priceless!

RedPat said...

At least you are getting out!

roentare said...

It is good to get out. Sue is having fun.

Margaret said...

Those are all excellent shots in their unique ways. I like stark because it evokes certain wintry emotions. The sunsets are glorious. I used to think that the rays were part of heaven. (when I was much, much younger)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good for you both on getting out and walking even in less than ideal conditions. The snow is gone here nos, but a temporary situation as a storm is forecast for the coming week that could bring a significant amount. The sunset photos were glorious despite being taken from an indoors location and the black and white ones made the best of the situation. Sue on the slide was just plain fun to see.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Looks like nice day of being out. Nice blue sky.

Joanne Noragon said...

That is a complex and colorful piece of playground equipment Sue is using.

Bindu said...

Toronto is having the warmest February. No snow anywhere.

Kay said...

Your sunset shot looked like there were two suns. :-)
Sue is so much fun!

Anvilcloud said...

The double sun is a result of shooting through a window.

Granny Sue said...

Lovely shots all! Walking here has been a muddy affair, but preferable to ice. Do you have yaktrax for your shoes? They help immensely in icy situations.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I'd say the entire week was stellar! You got some pretty great shots there! Love the one of Sue on the slide, and your red jacket just gets better and better. xoxo