Saturday, February 17, 2024

Commenters to the REDscue

After my post yesterday bemoaning the lack of red tees, Judy posted that I might find some at Lands' End. I tried but couldn't find red, but later, Damselfly posted some links, and sure enough, she found some.

Ed also chimed in to note that he gets them from Amazon. Why didn't I think to check there? After all, I do lower myself to purchase many items from the evil empire. Sure enough, I found red tees. 

Thank you all. I will certainly bear both sites in mind come the warmer weather, or maybe even before then.

I don't know why I am drawn to red, but I am, and in winter Sue insists that I wear my red coat on our photo walks. The one day that I wore my duller burgundy coat, I pretty well got lost in her photo, and she wasn't impressed. I do rather like this series, however: same spot, different focal lengths for the three images.




Aw, what the heck! After writing the above, I decided to go ahead and order two short sleeves and one long from Lands' End. I was apprehensive about the shipping cost to Canada, but it was sort of bearable.


After I made the order, Mary sent a link for a Team Canada tee. It has a small, rather unobtrusive logo which wouldn't bother me, so I will try to keep it in mind.

24 comments:

Judy from Maine said...

Glad we were able to help and you ordered your t’s. Have a great weekend.

Marie Smith said...

Red suits you, AC. Glad you found some!

Barbara Rogers said...

My fav of these is number one, with your expression. No. two is also of interest because of all the wonderful textures displayed. Yes yes, you do look good in red! Keep on wearing it (until you get tired of all the fawning fans!)

Jeanie said...

I can see why Sue insists on the red jacket for walks. Not only does it suit you, as Marie said, but it makes for a great photo!

Ed said...

Your secret of shopping with the dark side is safe with me.

MARY G said...

It seems as if my offering was red undant.

Sandra said...

Hurrah, red shirts! I see why Sue wants the red jacket in the photos. You do stand out.

Margaret said...

You look great in red! I order too much from the Evil Empire also--but then they're in my backyard so shopping local? LOL

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Red is a great color pop so Sue is correct in insisting you wear it and, of course, it is nice that you also like the color. Glad to read of your successful shopping venture. Yes. we also buy from the "evil empire" but who doesn't these days. It is our go-to site.

Yael said...

After your comment in one of the blogs about Gaza, I really want to hear your opinion on the matter. Blogland is such a harsh and unfair place sometimes and I need some support and help, I would love it if you send me an email and I can write to you.

RedPat said...

Red tees seem to fade so easily but I still wear them a lot in the summer too. I have 3 red sweaters for winter.

Granny Sue said...

The first photo is a keeper! I like the last one too.
Cool that commented found shirts for you! I also like red shirts and tops, and have quite a few. It must be an easier color to find in women's clothing. My husband's red and black check flannel shirts are my favorites on him.

Catalyst said...

I, too, like the brightness of red and have quite a collection of shirts in that color.

Liz Hinds said...

Glad you got your t-shirts. I like bright colours too.

DB Stewart said...

Looking good, dude.

Vicki Lane said...

The red is a winner on you. Glad you found some.

roentare said...

I like red T shirts. I got a few. They symbolise good fortune.

DJan said...

I don't wear red much, since it sure doesn't make me look as good in it as you do. I like bright pink, though. :-)

Red said...

I like the third photo with the stone wall more prominent. Sorry red and all!

Luis Serrano said...

Bueno parece que al final pudiste hacer tu pedido "ROJO". Enhorabuena.

Joanne Noragon said...

My mother loved red, "no matter what color it is."

Karen said...

Giant Tiger! Come June, with Canada Day approaching there will be a wide choice. My partner loves the Mountain River TShirts from there.

Jenn Jilks said...

I loathe ordering such from Amazon. You don't necessarily know where they are made. I ordered something, and it stated it was a larger size, but it was a small package. I didn't bother returning it as it would waste more time and energy than it was worth.
Glad you managed yours!

Kay said...

You look very nice in red. We always liked the Lands End quality when we lived in Illinois.