Saturday, January 06, 2024

Photo Retrospective iv

I don't know when I will get around to posting this, but it is 5:30AM, December 27th as I compose yet another Photo Retrospective after fewer than 5 hours of sleep. I am not sure about the usefulness of this project, but I must continue what I have begun. 

July

I begin with a photo from month's end that should have occurred on Canada Day, July 1st. There were fireworks on the First, but they were a bit of a fizzle, so the town had another show at the end of the month. I took many photos of the bursts around the townhall tower, and most were pretty good. This one may have been best.


Going back to earlier in the month, we were on another Sue photoshoot. I just had my phone, but I captured some very nice light looking upriver toward townhall from the trail bridge.



We didn't do too many picnic visits to the park last summer, but we were there on July 12th. Thankfully, I had my telephoto lens. When I saw this paddler coming, I set up to capture her entering the frame. I think that I pretty well saw in my mind the pano-crop that I would later use once I got back to the computer. I like the action, reflections, and the empty space for the canoe to paddle into.



August

Hmm . . . I am sure that I chose some August photos, but I am not sure where I put them. I'll be back in a moment . . . 

Thanks for waiting. I had chosen several photos but had neglected to add them to the appropriate folder.

We stopped to photograph a mare and foal. It's another phone photo. However, I do like it, partly because got low and saw how I would later crop it with the bars of the gate making a frame. I can't always visualize how I will process a photo later, but this time I did. 



Then. it was good to let our hair down and have some fun in the park, silly oldsters that we are.



One day, by the trail, I looked for lines and shapes. It was not really dark out, but I underexposed for mood, and I think it was a worthwhile experiment.



Then there came the Blue Supermoon at the end of August. I had pre-scouted the location with my Sun Seeker app to predict where the moon would rise. It was spot on when I returned in the evening. I pasted the reflection that was in another photo in this same photoshoot because this angle didn't pick up a reflection. What with the unique event, plus the scouting along with the Photoshop touch, I think it's worth including this photo.



It is now after 6. I have been up for two hours already, and I am knackered. I won't be able to sleep yet, and maybe not later either, but I am past ready for my second coffee and maybe a little something to eat.

16 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Good morning AC. I enjoy the more colorful of these shots...the dark one not so much. Just my preference. You all look like you had some fun setting up the swinging shot. I've only been awake an hour (early for me) and am on second cuppa with oat bread toast. Waiting for dawn...

Marie Smith said...

I’ve been awake since 2, off and on. I gave in at 5. Nap time soon! Love the moon shot!

Margaret said...

These are works of art. I can't see much in the dark photo but it may be my eyes. The river one is my favorite; I also love the kayaker. I seem to be attracted to water shots, don't I?

Granny Sue said...

So many excellent photos here. I am amazed that you captured the different colors in the fireworks! The supermoon, the river, and the paddler are all just stunning. Can't pick a favorite today.

RedPat said...

Really love the shot of the paddler. All the the pics are great but it is wonderful.

Liz Hinds said...

Great collection of photos!

Catalyst said...

The moon shot. Really good.

roentare said...

These images are wonderful. Your shot with Sue looks so happy together

Jeanie said...

So many lovely images but boy -- the one that stopped me in my tracks was the paddler. Very dramatic! And the one that most made me smile? The swings!

Kay said...

The Super Moon photo is truly awesome. However, I love the photo of you and Sue on the swings. Yay!

Judy from Maine said...

The usefulness of the project is the joy it is giving to all your followers. Your photography is beautiful and up lifting, they express a couple enjoying their life together through it all and what could be better.

MARY G said...

I can see the frame, now that you point it out. Yes. Points to you. I am not fond of the dark woods mood shot, and I am not sure why as it is technically just as fine as your work always is. I guess it is personal taste. Love the sunset shot. Love you and Sue and the swings; crazy, that is what you are.
Also, sorry about the insomnia and may an afternoon nap set you right up again

Jenn Jilks said...

I really enjoy your images. I wish I was better at it, but that's just me.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well you saved what is arguably the best shot with the supermoon reflected in the water. BUT I must say I am very partial to the shot of a skyful of salmon-colored clouds reflected in a rushing river. That's just awe-inspiring. The paddler is, of course, fantastic too. xoxo

Jenny the Pirate said...

I meant to say, you saved what is arguably the best shot (supermoon) for last, haha. xoxo

William Kendall said...

That last is my favourite.