Wednesday, January 10, 2024

First Snow of the New Year

On Sunday, our world went from brown to white in the first meaningful snowfall of the New Year, and a most pleasant change it was, both for the walk and for the photos.

Sue had couple poses in mind for her daily photo project, so she brought her tripod and set up two different bridge scenes.



She would set up the phone, walk back into the picture, and fire the shutter from her watch. She did this a number of times, so she got a fair workout going back and forth.


Of course, I took some photos, but she staged this first one.


Then I took a portrait of my snow queen. I don't get many outdoor photos of her without sunglasses, so this was a special treat for me.


Finally, I directed her to the bench for two more poses. It was a summer photo here that almost made the cut in my recent retrospectives, but I had to make some decisions. This ↓ is what I got for my winter version.

I really like the photo but should probably photoshop the phone. 


This park and the others tend to become inaccessible for ancient ones such as I as the snow accumulates over the winter, so it was good to get there while there were only a few inches to plod through. 


22 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Looks like you two had fun with your photoshoot! Your Snow Queen looks great in that coat!

Ed said...

After my mom died, I was looking for an appropriate obituary picture that showed her outside, where she loved to be, but without sunglasses on so the viewer could see her beautiful blue eyes. It was impossible to find. The one in her obituary has her wearing sunglasses. I have a number without, but they are all inside or outside and not appropriate for an obituary photo.

DJan said...

It sure looks cold! I love that coat, too, and wish I had one like it.

Marie Smith said...

Great shoot. Love your coats!

Barbara Rogers said...

I liked the closeup of Sue's face...showing how pretty she is. And my fav. of you all cavorting around is the first one! So glad you were able to enjoy this and share with me here!

Jeanie said...

If you do photo Christmas cards, you absolutely MUST include one/some of these. They are Christmas personified! I love your red jacket and Sue's beautiful outfit! Wonderous!

gigi-hawaii said...

These are pretty to look at. I love Sue's coat. It looks so glamorous, fit for a movie star.

Granny Sue said...

Definitely your Snow Queen! She is beautiful, AC. Great photos.

MARY G said...

The first bridge shot and the first of the two bench shots where her head is turned. Wow. Also, wow that you were out in that, um, mess. I was also, but I had to be. I managed to fill my purse with snow while cleaning the car windows for the nth time. Sigh.
And I was too tight for time to photograph the misty moisty day.

Margaret said...

Those are beautiful photos! Sue is stunning. We're supposed to get snow too. I'm not excited...

RedPat said...

The rain yesterday washed away any tiny bit of snow that we had. I love that coat too but would probably trip over it when trying to walk.

Patio Postcards said...

Looks like a fun outing playing with cameras. I do like the first of Sue bundled up in her hooded coat.

roentare said...

You look such a happy couple.

Catalyst said...

The Snow Queen one is sssssspecial! And she even looks warm in her fuzzies. But still, it looks cold up there, too cold for someone like me whose blood has thinned out in (not presently so) balmy Arizona!

Kay said...

I would be so jealous of Sue if I still lived in Chicago. That coat would have really kept me warm and toasty. I'm loving seeing all that snow from Hawaii.

Marcia said...

She does look like a snow queen in that coat. I imagine she is toasty warm.

Joanne Noragon said...

More great photos.

Debby said...

Your portrait of Sue is gorgeous. You have a beautiful 'Snow Queen'.

Jenny the Pirate said...

In the second one of the two of you, apologies but the FIRST thing I saw was Sue being "accompanied" by the Grim Reaper ... albeit in a red coat instead of black cape and hood. It was the raised cane, hahahaa ... not to worry. I am weird and y'all are fine xoxo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a fun photoshoot and good for you on getting out in the white stuff. We're glad we did that on Monday because the weekend snowfall is now just about ALL gone. The snow queen portrait of Sue was lovely. Our plans to get to our local park are on hold becvause now it's mud va snow covered.

Jenn Jilks said...

That is an amazing coat!
Such fun.

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots!