Thursday, January 04, 2024

Photo Retrospective iii

My photo retrospective continues with May-June photos. Are you exhausted yet?

May

There is a stand of birch tree across the river from the park that I am always attracted to. On this May day, I had my telephoto lens, so I suspect that I went specifically to get this photo. All too often the photo that I purpose to take doesn't work out very well, but I like this b&w photo along with the reflections.


Two days after the b&w photo ↑ I was in the mood for colour. I took myself on a little drive along the backroads. Green was bursting. I stopped by the roadside and snapped this photo. I love the fresh, spring greens.


On our anniversary, I had one of those unpleasant appointments with my urologist, one that I had to repeat two weeks later, and a week after that I was in for surgery. After this appointment, we stopped at Boston Pizza in Smiths Falls. As you probably recall, we often take phone snaps of each other across the table, but the window light seemed to make this better than many. It was a happy outing, celebrating our 54th anniversary, and I had just obtained some relief from the procedure.


June

June has to be the best month for flowers. Early in the month, I captured this macro with my phone. I remember that I was experimenting with a phone app other than the native camera app, one that offers more control. However, I usually just use the regular Apple app.


I think this photo of Sue might have been taken on our first little post-surgery and post-catheter walk. What a relief to be over that, if not forever at least for then. I presume this photo fulfilled one of Sue's photo prompts, but I can't remember what it was.



At the very end of June, I took my first round of bridge-light photos on the eve of Canada Day: the red and white being the colours of our flag. I am sure that you recall my several attempts since then and probably never want to see another, but this was my first post-surgery shoot with my big camera.


Stay tuned.


19 comments:

Marie Smith said...

You had a rough year health-wise, AC. Hope it is all behind you. Great photos of Sue, as always.

DJan said...

I love that anniversary photo of Sue. And all your pictures are good, but you already knew that. :-)

Jeanie said...

I am never bored with your photos -- new or old! The bridge is especially lovely. I do hope you and Sue have fewer doc visits this year. (I hope we all do!)

Barbara Rogers said...

Loved those spring greens...how they pop out at you! Sue looks lovely in both her shots, and I like that simple and elegant shot of the bridge in all it's patriotic colors.

Vicki Lane said...

That second photo is the very epitome of spring!

Barwitzki said...

The black and white photo with the mirrored birch trees is great.
And Sue's photo is wonderful...
and the colors... have fun taking photos.
You know, once I start... do you know?
Many warm greetings to you from Viola. Happy 2024.

RedPat said...

Love that B&W shot.

Margaret said...

The mirrored black and white tree photo is stunning--looks like trees everywhere! Beautiful photos of Sue too. She is very glamorous.

roentare said...

The second shot is stellar! The green and yellow are wonderful contrast with layers

Jenn Jilks said...

It's been a year, hasn't it?
I can't look back. I'm having enough trouble dealing with the present!

Catalyst said...

Every one of them are worthy of framing. Excellent work, A.C., and great wisdom on your part to have picked such a style maven for your mate.

Joanne Noragon said...

I like all of these.

Granny Sue said...

I imagine it must be nice to review these and bring the memories back. 54 years. Wow!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I think I enjoyed your narrative as much as I did the photos! Wonderful portrait of your wife with the light coming in the window. The bridge photo is striking!

MARY G said...

That is a great shot of Sue - the April one. She is a fine subject. And yes, the spring greens. You can get drunk on the tree greens as they appear. I have never been satisfied with photos but yours comes close.

Patio Postcards said...

Lovely photo of Sue on your anniversary. I like the black & white photo of the birch & reflection.

Kay said...

Sue definitely makes a beautiful, elegant model. Happy anniversary!

Jenny the Pirate said...

AC that bridge light photo is AMAZING!!! Also the photo of your Sue, so beautiful. Clearly taken by her beloved, at whom she is lovingly gazing. xoxo

William Kendall said...

The Canada Day one is my favourite.