Friday, January 26, 2024

A Bridge Too Hazy

On the day that I photographed the icicles, we were downtown and walked past town hall to the river. I was surprised to see how thick the mist was. It was so misty that I could barely see what I was shooting through the viewfinder. It comes from the spray from the falls/rapids. It is not usually like this, but at certain temperatures, the mist gets suspended in the air.


That's the trail bridge (old railway bridge) seen from the main bridge though a telephoto lens. It's a unique photo, so I am pleased with it although it is not spectacular in any way.

I zoomed in much more, close to 350mm of its 400mm capability, for the next photo.


Someday soon, I would like to return to the trail bridge and photograph back this way toward the main bridge. I have done this many times already, but every time is different.


16 comments:

Jeanie said...

That spray makes for an interesting effect, almost foggy! (We've had a ton of fog lately.)

Marie Smith said...

There is always something new in a scene to capture!

Vicki Lane said...

Lovely scene!

Jenn Jilks said...

Even here, it changes day to day. I love it. I cannot walk in the forest today, though. Nor yesterday. What a mess.

Red said...

You're right that every time it's different and there are many things that get together to make it different..

RedPat said...

It looks very mysterious.

Liz Hinds said...

I like the misty photos.

Margaret said...

The mist adds an air of mystery to the photos!

DJan said...

I like the soft feeling of the photos.

Cloudia said...

So dreamy! Thank you Aloha!

roentare said...

This is where the mystical creatures come out

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Reading this post a bit later than usual, but the fog you showed here has been around this area most of the day with warming temps and melting snow. Unlike yourself, I stayed indoors and did not venture out for any photos.

Catalyst said...

I believe I caught a glimpse of my old colleague, Sherlock Holmes, there in the mist. Actually in the midst of the mist. Okay, I'll stop. Nice pictures.

Granny Sue said...

That is so cool! Very surreal!

Kay said...

I have actually always liked the mysterious look of mists. We didn't have misty days often in Illinois where we lived, but I liked walking in it. I enjoyed seeing these photos.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Ooooh I like these mysterious misty photos. We had an exceedingly misty/drizzly/foggy day this week. And I had to be out in it all day! Most disconcerting. No photos were taken. xoxo