Thursday, January 11, 2024

Minimalistic Macros

Sue's Monday prompt involved macros, so I affixed my macro lens as well. I take different lenses on different days and had planned on using the macro lens one day anyway.

Off to the park we went.

Sue says that this ↓ is what she often sees ahead of her on our treks: me in my red coat, with camera and cane.


That coat is anything but new, but red really stands out in photos, so Sue pretty well demands that I wear it. I have another coat that is just as old, but I haven’t worn it nearly as much. In point to fact, I purchased the other coat just a few weeks before this one. At the time, I wasn’t looking  for a second coat, but Sue convinced me.

Macros can be hard on old bodies. I should really be down on my knees, but then I would probably have had to stay there.


Outdoor winter macros, for me, call for simple minimalism, and here's what I brought home that day.



I see a face


I like the results well enough. They make me feel artistic, which I am not.

20 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Very artistic shots these. It's a good counterpoint to your frequent dark scenes of winter nights. Kind of dawn and night. Keep warm wearing whatever coat you want!

Tabor said...

I think these are very artistic in that they are extremely disciplined and in the direction you wanted to go. Minimalism is something I wish I could do. I really have to practice.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I see that face! xoxo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

AC, I knew what you meant about getting down and then not being able to get up again, anyway who wants to get a wet pair of pants! These minimalist shots are beautiful and hope that Sue also was able to get some good ones, whether or not she knelt down 😉

Thanks also for your comment on today's post about family reactions to posting. When we began blogging, we were concerned about being "out there" and identifiable, which is partly "why" we used Beatrice & Grenville. After so many years, we've come to regard fellow bloggers as friends we haven't met and no longer "fear" being identifiable. In fact, it would be really something if we were to be known outside the blog world!

Karen said...

You have encouraged me to put on my macro lens and get out there and try to figure out how to use it effectively.

Marie Smith said...

Love the macros. I laughed at your comment about getting up from the ground. That applies to me too.

Margaret said...

Apparently, we're supposed to be able to get up from a sitting position without hands or holding onto anything. HAHA--not happening! I love the macros AND you are one of the most artistic people I know. I look forward to every photo you post.

RedPat said...

You are artistic and don't realize it. These are great shots.

Catalyst said...

Oh I think you are quite artistic. I saw the face, too, and it does not look happy to be out in the snow and cold. 😎

roentare said...

These macros work out very well

Spare Parts and Pics said...

These are nice. I like the solid white backgrounds. Really makes for great macro shots!

Vicki Lane said...

Those are so beautiful!

Red said...

I like the results in the last photos too.

Joanne Noragon said...

I see a face, too. Poor old fellow, snow covered, soldiering on.

MARY G said...

That looks like it was fun and more fun to process sitting at a desk in a nice warm room; I hear you about the kneeling thing. Don't do it any more.
I LIKE that coat. And if you do kneel and stick, Sue can find you.

Jenn Jilks said...

Some days I regret trading in my macro lens, but my knees are happier!

NGS said...

The red coat does look fabulous in the snow. Sue's right to insist you wear it!

Jeanie said...

I see a face in that too! Love it!

Granny Sue said...

I like these a lot. They are so clean and restful on the eyes.

William Kendall said...

Wonderful macros.