Thursday, March 10, 2022

Writing Good

I was going to post about the Genesis lectures that I told you about previously. I wrote a summary of lesson 1 and then of lesson 2, and then I thought, "Naw. I'm not going to post this because no one cares about this ancient, dry stuff." Or perhaps it is the dryness of my summaries rather than the subject matter that has given me cause for pause.

What I will say is that I am reading Genesis, like I said I would. It's a bit of a struggle because it is all old hat to me. I feel like I have known these stories since I was five years old. While that may not be precisely true, it is closer to the mark than you might think. The course is fine, but the re-reading of the book is a bit of a slog.

So, that is all I that I am going to post about my Genesis course right now, but there's always something to help fill the space. In this case, that something is this handy dandy list of tips that will be sure to aid you in your blogging.




17 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

I love this writing advice!

Marie Smith said...

Everyone in the world needs to read this.

Barbara Rogers said...

Good writing advice!

MARY G said...

I think I am guilty of all IX of them.

Margaret said...

That is amusing advice. I wish I could heed it!

William Kendall said...

I like those!

Vicki Lane said...

On re-reading Genisis--I don't believe a word of it BUT for beauty of language, there's not much like the King James Version. It has influenced the English language in so many ways.

Mage said...

The perfect list.

Marcia said...

I think I've seen that writing advice before. Good for a laugh.

The Furry Gnome said...

Well, I don't know about Genesis, but I like those rules for 'writing good'.

Ed said...

My dad kept yelling at me for ending sentences with a preposition and went the extra step of complaining to my high school English teacher for allowing this to happen. She told him that the English language is always changing and to essentially deal with it. It was a happy day for me.

Joanne Noragon said...

And as I always told my daughters, you could have said all that with no adjectives!

Red said...

One has to read this list a second time to see what is going on. Funny!

Jenn Jilks said...

I've seen this one!
I had a poster, 10 Reasons to Swear, and some of the parents of my students just didn't get it!!

#1 It pleases my grandmother so much.

DJan said...

What fun! I smiled and grinned through the whole list. :-)

Kay said...

These are fabulous! I'm going to have to send it to my family.

Rita said...

LOVED that list! :)