Sunday, March 13, 2022

Here's to Light and Colour

Sue bought window film to um stick to our windows. When you affix it, the light will sometimes catch it and cast colourful patches on walls or floors.

It recently cast an interesting pattern on the wall which is at right angles to the window.


I don't know why it broke into three separate blocks. I thought it interesting and worth posting. It's like the centre block is mainly the shadow and the side panels are a result of the prismatic effect being cast. 

That was in my den that gets morning sun. There is another piece of film on the bedroom window that catches the late light. Sue once got this delightful photo of Lacey sitting in the rainbow.

And here is Sue bathed in the light.

This is the box that may guide you if you want to try out window film. I suppose that we got it through Amazon, like most things any more.




17 comments:

Margaret said...

That does make beautiful prisms. Love the cat photo!

Boud said...

That's a great toy. I love the cat claiming the rainbow seat.

Tabor said...

That certainly can brighten up a winter day when all is white and gray outside. I like it!

Barbara Rogers said...

So nice to add color to light, and it's always welcome. I don't at this time have a single crystal hanging in sunlight, and you made me miss those colors of the rainbow!

Vicki Lane said...

The cat is beatified! (But she knew that.)

Jenn Jilks said...

This is really interesting! Who knew?!

Marie Smith said...

Such pretty effect of light!

Rita said...

What a world that we can buy our own rainbow makers! :)

Jeanie said...

The photos of Lacey and Sue are especially beautiful. I have a small circle that sends smaller bits of light on the floor and walls. The big one is rather nice!

William Kendall said...

I do like that.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

How interesting AC ... it is pretty wild how it gives off colors and thanks for how to get it.

The Furry Gnome said...

Great picture of Sue!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

These days, adding a bit of color to our daily lives is a good thing. Sue looked lovely caught in the light and I also noticed she has gone for a hair trim, very nice.

DJan said...

Oh, I like that! Especially nice for cats and beautiful women. :-)

Joanne Noragon said...

I had a piece of glass that was a light prism. One of my cats tried to catch the bits of light in his paw.

Mage said...

That's just delightful.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Some interesting effect. I like all them.
Coffee is on and stay safe