Sunday, March 20, 2022

Banal Sunday Morning Post

Good Sunday Morn. It is still dark out there at 6 o'clock, but I don't see water on the window. I sure did yesterday when it rained quite a lot. This helped the snow in the backyard to begin to disappear — to the point where we began to see some ground. However, the pile in the front from clearing the driveway all winter, remains quite high. Progress though.

So, while Mother Nature gave the car a free and much needed wash, no one in this household even stuck their heads outside. One of the things we did was binge-watch Unforgotten. We had watched 2 of the 6 episodes on Friday evening at and after supper.

We usually watch a program at both lunch and supper — a program — but on Friday, we watched 2. At lunch yesterday, we intended to watch 1 more, but then we thought, it is Saturday afternoon, and we're not going anywhere, so let's keep going.

I had broken down and purchased the series on Apple TV. It's a favourite British series of cold cases. It is really produced and acted well. We had seen the first 3 seasons on either Britbox or Acorn, but series 4 hasn't made it to those streams. It's a PBS series, and we don't get PBS at the moment.

It's not often that I would rent/buy a series like this, but Unforgotten is special. Along with Endeavour, we find it the best of the current crop of British mysteries. We are also currently watching The Bay. It is pretty good but doesn't reach of the level of the other 2.

One other thing I did was to make little cards for Sue with information about her sister's, Heather's, visit next month. She is coming for a visit and book talks at two local libraries and one in Ottawa. While all of these places will promote the event in their own ways, Sue likes to hand out information for those whom she might meet with in the interim.

So, I made a little card for her — 4 on a sheet that she can cut out and place where she will.


So, I think that is my banal, morning post. I will add that we have a new coffee-maker. I am still getting used to it, and after all of the fiddling with correct water and coffee levels, I forgot to place the cup under the drip. Fortunately, I noticed before there was too much spillage.

Hey! Things like this can happen at 5 o'clock in the morning.


13 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I would watch any series featuring Nicola Walker. She’s a great actor!

Jenn Jilks said...

Oh dear! That is funny. We just bought a new coffee machine. Exactly like the old one. Our hard water is tough on the machines.
I shall note those shows. You are right, not much else to do in the pouring rain. We've watched Unforgotten, as well.

Are you having surgery anytime soon? I was wondering about that the other day. I've carpel tunnel in my right arm. Trivial, but a pain-in-the-arm!

Barbara Rogers said...

I've yet to purchase any series...though these do sound like good investments. Sorry about coffee machine fiasco...glad you caught it in time. My worst coffee machine story includes forgetting to add any coffee grounds. I quickly remedied that!

Margaret said...

I'll need to think about that series. I love Endeavour and most British mysteries. New machines are always tricky. I sometimes forget to put water in the reservoir so I think the 30 year old machine has finally died. :)

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

I did the coffee pot upset at 6 in the evening. Even we perfectionists can make crazy mistakes at any time of day.

Mage said...

Nice post too.

DJan said...

I usually don't make coffee, but I did get a French press for occasional use during the pandemic. Not many ways to screw it up. Love strong coffee however it's made. We get PBS here, so I'll look into those interesting sounding series. :-)

William Kendall said...

We've lost a lot of the snow too.

The Furry Gnome said...

We're watching Unforgotten and the Bay these days too (as well as Traces).

Joanne Noragon said...

I must look for Unforgotten. I feel like The Crown will never begin!

Red said...

So if the snow isn't interesting, watch some good TV.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You are right on in your comment that Unforgotten is a great series. We've watched all 4 seasons, luckily for us on PBS. In fact when you mentioned having watched season 4, I had to check whether or not we had seen that one, which we had, and as usual it was terrific. We have watched several episodes of Endeavor, but not all so will have to look for more. The Bay is on BritBox and we have a subscription, so that could be a next series. Right now we've watching past Frankie Drake, a now discontinued series (4 seasons) done by Shaftsbury the same company that produces the current Murdoch Mysteries, a new season is on Acorn TV but only 1 episode a week.

Jeanie said...

I rather like your banal Sunday. "Unforgotten." It's unforgettable. I love that series and yes, like you, I suspect, saddened and shocked at the ending. Seasons 5 and 6 are in progress and I am wondering how they will handle things (and saying no more in case someone is motivated by your excellent praise to tune in. No spoilers!)