Saturday, March 05, 2022

Am I the Only One?

As we tend to do every 4 to 6 weeks, we ordered a pizza last weekend. It was what we call a Canadian with bacon, mushrooms and pepperoni.

It was a large, so we had pizza for dinner on Saturday and again on Sunday.

Come Monday lunch, there was one piece left over. Sue gets pizza-ed out faster than I do, so it was mine to consume.

I chose to have it cold. 

Sue thinks I am weird . . . and I am.

Like everyone else, I prefer my pizza hot, but I also like it cold, and I often have the last piece that way.

Am I the only one?

============================

I had just finished commenting to a blogger that blogging and commenting from my iPad works fairly well for me. It is because I use an external keypad that also holds the tablet nicely in place. I can't imagine that I could manage typing on the screen version of a keyboard. It also serves as a fine stand for the tablet when I am not actually typing, say when I am just reading or watching something.

Working on the iPad has a benefit like typing on a phone in that autocorrect kicks in. Since I am without doubt the world's worst typist, that works well for me. For example, I have a half dozen typos (red underlined) in the previous paragraph from working on the computer just now.

But there is a wee problem with Blogger commenting that sometimes happens when I make a comment on someone's post. I recently commented to someone how well blogging from my tablet works for me. Believe it or not, however, on the very next post, Blogger gave me an unrecoverable error after I typed in a comment, so the comment didn't actually get published. It only seems to happen on the Blogger's platform and not WordPress. But most of you are Blogger creatures, so it is frustrating when it occurs. At that point I give up and move the my computer.

Does anything  like this happen to anyone else, or am I the only one?

============================

On Tuesday, I read this from Shaunna on FB.

Sha: I just had the most ridiculous disagreement with JJ because I won’t allow him to fast for 40 days. How’s your day?

I replied. 

Me: Perhaps miss a meal or two? Maybe a day?

Sha: That’s what I said. He countered with 20 days.

Me: I am rotflol
Of course, I wasn't literally rolling on the floor and laughing out loud, but I was literally loling. Sue hadn't read it yet, so when I tried to read it out to her at lunchtime, I was laughing so hysterically that I could barely manage.

My grandson is weird. Maybe yours is too.

Or am I the only one?


25 comments:

MARY G said...

With you on weird grandkid and posting. Not on the pizza. Hot or not. My iPad cover actually has a keyboard but I can type on the tablet as well.

DJan said...

I never try to type on my iPad unless it's something easy like Wordle. I don't have a keyboard and you're right about the built in one. I like pizza cold, too.

Boud said...

I blog on my phone, one fingered. I've got pretty good at it. Not as fast nor as accurate as on the physical laptop keyboard. But since my photos are on the phone, easier to access them. And the editing is better on the phone than the tablet.

As for pizza, back when I used to buy them, I always reserved one piece for a cold breakfast!

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

AC. you really give a bunch of things in this post that can be commented on. Since my grandchildren are all perfect I can't talk about that and the rare times that I have pizza aren't of interest so I guess I am stuck with iPads.
My comment is "I don't have one."

Barbara Rogers said...

Glad you have grands, otherwise you wouldn't know what ROTFL means. Keep on eating your cold pizza - I do usually heat up my left overs, when I have them! My quite old mini-iPad is awful with blogger, stuck on an old blog that I no longer use, so I only read books on it. Have fun today, dealing with fasting grandson etc!

Ed said...

Whenever somebody asks me what kind of pizza I like, I always tell them I only like two kinds. That will elicit a worried look as they ponder what kind of pizza I am going to force them to buy because I only like two kinds. When they finally ask what two kinds of pizza I like, I always respond, "hot or cold," which always elicits some laughs.

I learned typing in high school right at the cusp of computers being integrated into our everyday lives and my life and career has revolved around them ever since. As a result, I probably type 90 words a minute with very few typos (not counting poor use of grammar) and so to capitalize on that, I need a pretty good platform for my arms and a monitor at the proper height. I'm just not sure a keyboard on my lap would cut it and if I'm sitting with it at a table, I might as well just use my desktop computer and keyboard which has more functionality anyway. Also, I just received my first tablet this past Christmas so I'm still really new to them. Up until then, I've always just had my smart phone and a desktop computer.

Rita said...

My son likes cold pizza anytime. Myself--no way.
40 days fasting! I know some people who fast a day or two but not 40 days--whew! Intermittent fasting seems to be a new fad, I think. I hear a lot about that.
I do love spellcheck. But it has made me a worse speller over the years. ;)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You are not the only one who likes cold pizza as I do as well, but not Grenville, who does think it unusual to enjoy it that way as his leftovers need to be reheated.

I find blog commenting way harder on the iPad because I always make mistakes. An external keyboard would undoubtedly help, and Grenville has one on his. I prefer to comment from the desktop PC, where I still make typing errors, but easier to correct there.

Somehow I didn't get the point about the exchange from Shaunna and grandson fasting for 40 days, so I remain clueless, which isn't that unusual at times. I also never use the popular terms you mentioned here. I know so many do, but I prefer actual words.

Marcia said...

So JJ fasting for 40 days? How long would that have lasted? One day even? Does he even know what he has to do to fast? LOL

Christina said...

I like cold pizza. Sometimes more than hot pizza. Does this make me weird? Blogger can be a bit weird. I have thought of moving platform but I am not bothered enough about the unpredictability of blogger.

DrumMajor said...

I've had a cold slice of pizza before, but prefer it gently zapped as leftovers. Pretty sure 40 days of fasting is not healthy. They'll like pizza, hot or cold, sooner than that. Linda in Kansas

Karen said...

My sister and I LOVE our pizza cold. Long sad story behind that one.
One of mine wanted to fast, I said go for it, it lasted less than 24 hrs. LOL

Marie Smith said...

You never know what to expect with the kids these days.

We like pizza every so often. I get a gluten free variety. We only have pizza when the kids are around so there’s never much left. No trouble with cold pizza here though.

Mage said...

George likes cold pizza too.
I don;t have trouble with blogger, but I can't leave notes on wordpress.
Yes, my youngest two granddaughters are weird,

Margaret said...

I am sort of OK with a vegetably pizza cold--but greasy cold meats and cheese don't float my boat. However, to each his/her own! That's unusual for someone to want to fast for Lent especially a teenage boy. Skipping one meal a day or a day here and there sounds more doable.

Boud said...

Lenten fasting means one modest main meal, two small ones. No meat.
It doesn't mean no food at all.

William Kendall said...

I like pizza hot or cold.

I do much of my blog commenting by phone.

Jenn Jilks said...

You are not the only one!
JB cannot have pizza, so it's all mine, though!
I had Muslim students who fasted. It was tough sun up to sunset.
Using the iPad is tricky when typing. But I took gr. 11 typing!

PipeTobacco said...

I LOVE pizza too much (it is one of three food I now try to avoid because I have not really figured out a good way to not overeat them…. pizza, mixed nuts, and Brach’s Bridge Mix). So these days, if I am in a situation where there is pizza, I try to eat only one slice (hot). But in the olden days…. where I ate as I pleased… I liked both hot and cold pizza…..equally well.

PipeTobacco

Red said...

You're on a weird theme today for sure!

The Furry Gnome said...

I read blogs on my ipad, and type comments directly on it too, entirely with my baby finger. The other three were amputated during my long holiday in ICU!

Joanne Noragon said...

Useless here. I don't care much for pizza.

Vicki Lane said...

I'm fond of cold leftover pizza for breakfast.

NGS said...

I don't care for pizza in either cold or warm form, so I can't help you out with that. We do regularly have a frittata that frequently has leftovers and I will happily eat it cold, but my husband finds that gross. Different strokes for different folks!

Kay said...

I have a friend who does like left over cold pizza. Uuuummmm.... but no one in my family likes it that way.
I was having trouble commenting on my ipad using the Safari browser and mentioned the problem to my techie son-in-law. He had me download the Chrome browser and I can comment using that instead. But sometimes, a comment will disappear on that too. Sigh....